How many achievement points for OF?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by eJayStudios, Feb 22, 2010.

1. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hi,

if you are using OpenFeint, how many achievement points you normally set on initial release?

Also, how many achievements?

I've implemented achievements in my upcoming game and want to balance it out a little.

Thanks.

2. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    I used all 1000 gamerscore in Empty City 3D and I implemented 11 achievements.

I think that you should use all of the gamescore points, but as far as quantity of achievements go, yes, the more the better, but I would try to spread what achievements you do have out (difficulty wise) and then go from there. Sorry for the mega sentence ;)

3. eJayStudios

Oct 17, 2009
    Thanks for a quick reply!

Do you think it is ok to release with 800 points initially or players can get mad at me? :eek:

Reason for this is that I will be releasing new tracks in updates and there will be additional achievements for each track.

At the moment I have 830 points spread across 27 achievements.

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    That's a good idea to release with 700-800 points in first release if you know updates will bring additional tracks that you can use the points for.

But OF allows you to request additional points if you used up your 1,000 and you have an update coming out and want more points.

They gave Depict and Compression devs each an extra 300 points for their updates. You just have to email them when your ready.

You can't go wrong with offering 800 or 1,000 though. lots of devs are stingy and only release games with 100 points or less. That is when it's annoying, not when there is 700+ available. Hope that helps.

5. eJayStudios

Oct 17, 2009
    thank you, I think I will target ~700 for initial release and add more via updates.

And I agree, giving away only 100 points per game sucks.

6. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    In my opinion, if the initial release has atleast 500 points and you plan on updating with more points, then you are good :)