Official iPhone/iPad GotY by Apple [Post your country's list here]

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by defred34, Dec 14, 2012.

1. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    #1 defred34, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    Hi guys,

Since each local Appstore has freedom to choose both the best game and the runner up, I'm sure a lot of us want to know which was the most popular choice.

So, just post the winner and runner-up in both the iPhone and iPad category if possible.

Malaysia (iPad):
    Winner: The Room
    Runner Up: Eufloria HD

Malaysia (iPhone):
    Winner: Rayman Jungle Run
    Runner Up: Super Hexagon

PSS: I never played The Room before, and am playing Eufloria HD at the moment on Android.

PSSS: My personal choice of games suited to the large screen would have been Lili and NFS MW. For the iPhone, Polara and Rayman Jungle Run.

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    The room in the US AppStore too..maybe they're all the same.

3. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Well, that sucks. I remember last year it did vary noticeably from region to region. Now, I see The Room won basically everywhere, and the runner ups alternate between Eufloria and Waking Mars for the iPad. Can anyone verify this?

4. mkpred

mkpred Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Working at Sites
    Cyber Town
    yup defred , walking mars for ipad in the us app store

5. sillytuna

sillytuna Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Game Developer
    Sheffield, UK
    Looks like Europe have one feed and everywhere else has another. There is some minor variation between territories,. especially with runners up.

If you want to check then load iTunes, scroll right down, click the flag on the bottom right, and then you can select another territory.

iPhone and iPad have different results too.

Also, Eufloria sale now on as we're totally shocked and still celebrating! On iPhone it's 99 cents and iPad $2.99 (66% and 40% off). The non HD version is identical other than less music and no iPad support.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    In Spain, Angry Words win the Apple GOTY for iPhone and The Room for iPad, and Rayman Jungle Run got runner-up

7. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Angry Words? Is that a misspelling or is there such a game? First country I'm hearing where Rayman isn't the winner!