$50 itunes voucher for review of Free Parachutist Game

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by fred2013, Feb 3, 2014.

1. fred2013

fred2013 Active Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Australia
    #1 fred2013, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Ready to test your skills and possibly win $50 US itunes voucher? Here is Parachutist! It is a physics based game. The trailer:

It takes a while to get used to it! Don't tilt the screen too much! If you need any help to play this game, post your questions here too.
    https://www.facebook.com/parachutistgame

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How to enter:

1. Download free game: http://appstore.com/parachutist

2. If you like it, write (or update) your short review on the App Store. (It can be in any country as long as you let us know)

3. Reply to this thread, with your iTunes review nickname.

The winner will be chosen on Monday 17 February.

(note:If you have previously written a review you can report back here with your review nickname)
    Good Luck! Thanks for your support for our first game.

2. Aseret

Aseret Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Reviewed as Otomeheart in the US appstore
    Thanks so much :D

3. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    No thanks, I don't take bribes or even offers of potential ones.

4. Nishimare

Nishimare Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Freelance Model , Full time ShoppEr
    iN YoUr HeArT~
    Reviewed on US AppStore as Nishimare

5. bmcna

bmcna Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Reviewed as GuardianAngel98 on the US AppStore.

6. background

background Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    Auditor
    Reviewed as background6 on US AppStore.

7. Reviewed as agleung. in UK store.

8. pimpme

pimpme Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Reviewed as Adisus.
    Thank you.

9. dawid1972

dawid1972 Well-Known Member

Reviewed as dawid1972 on US AppStore.:)
    Good game.

10. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Updated my review on US App Store. My nickname is returnity. Thanks for the contest!

11. forfun

forfun Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    reviewed as funkysimf on US app store

12. dayu03

dayu03 Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Reviewed as dayu03 in the US appstore.
    thanks

13. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Mene, it's nice game, just requires a bit polish. I just cannot understand you. It looks like you have never played it, but wrote an offensive comment here. You should better give an advice to developer by writing an adequate review on AppStore, or post it here.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    He wrote it as a fair few people find these contests quite 'controversial' shall i say. You say it requires some polish, so how did you rate it on the app store ?

Problem is many people are fed up of seeing 5 star reviews over and over when its quite obvious they're written simply because people want to win a prize. If i create an app called 'white square simulator' and offer a competition to win $5 i'll get tons of 5 star reviews as people want to win.

Theres a fair few users here who simply write 5 star reviews over and over just to win prizes and nothing else. It doesnt help the dev much as they dont receive decent criticism simply 'great game, 5 stars !' and it doesnt help users

15. fred2013

fred2013 Active Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Australia
    thanks everyone

Thank you to everyone who took the time to write a review. It is really difficult to get feed back for Parachutist and even more difficult to get anyone reviewing it. Thank you TA for letting us get in contact with real gamers and thank you all for being here! Remember that you are all free to say what you want and you are free to decide to enter or not.
    A bit of background for the game. It is our first game, developed as a hobby during at least a year! We studied all physics behind skydiving and Greg, a skydiver and physicist himself was really looking to play a game with the same physics principles as skydiving but in a game. The game was made from scratch. The levels are graded and become very challenging at the end. Remember you can deploy or release a parachute as many time as you want and be very gentle by inclining the screen. The graphics well.. we know are not that great. It is different and skill based. We enjoyed making it as we tried to create a completely new experience. We realize it won't become really popular however if there is one person out there who enjoy it a little for free, that will make us happy. It is also much safer and cheaper than skydiving!

16. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    #16 Megalitum, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    I have one argument against all this text. No one forces you to leave a good review. Every review helps developer, even 1-star. Of course, developer is happy when his application has good reviews on market, but I think, that honest review is better than hypocritical one, and considerably better than just posting about bribes in touch arcade topic. To assume, here's short algorithm that represents adequate actions:
    1. Check the app.
    2. Write a honest review, if you wish to leave some information to developer.
    Next stages are eligible only after writing review:
    3. If the review is good, than post in topic about participating in contest.
    4. If the review is bad, and you are extremely greedy person, post in topic about participating in contest, winner is drawn by random.
    3. If you are not greedy, you have pangs of conscience, just close the topic without insulting developer.

P.S. I'm not participating in contest, because if I win, some people can think that I react so just in order to get money. Despite of having this app next to dead trigger in my games folder, and being quite satisfied with this app. I'm just shocked how rude can people be to show their emm... supremacy?

17. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Reviewed by either Alex98909 or AlexSkrillex, not sure which one!

18. quantumcore

quantumcore Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2013
    Reviewed as DiscoverYou in US Appstore

Reviewed as DiscoverYou in US Appstore

19. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Review Title: Great Game with a bit of a learning curve

Name: MrGreed / MrGreed18 / Stfwayne

Not sure which one will show up

Thanks for the opportunity to grab a $50 iTunes gift card good luck in the future with your games keep up the good work!

20. fred2013

fred2013 Active Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Australia
    Thank you again

Thank you gamers for so much support. I agree with the learning curve! Most people find it a bit too difficult, some might like the challenge.