1948 D.o.F - Plane Combat - TRAILER - [Submitted to apple]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrozenPepper, Nov 22, 2012.

1. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #1 FrozenPepper, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
    Hi all, we are very happy to say that we have submitted 1948 Dawn of Future to Apple. It will hopefully be available on the AppStore in the next few days.

We have also completed a trailer for the game and would love to show it to you.

[​IMG]

a fast list of features :

- Free to Play!
    - Online dogfighting / co-op game with rpg structure.
    - More than 70 levels and ranks available.
    - 3 maps (2 included from the beginning).
    - 8 unique airplanes with different characteristics and 3d cockpits.
    - Customize your plane with liveries and colors!
    - More than 100 items to buy and install on the planes, including various kinds of devastating primary weapons, homing missiles, rockets, bombs, radars, upgrades and much more!
    - Different game modes: Team dogfight (up to 4 players), Capture the Flag (up to 4 players), Bomb the Base (up to 4 players), Invasion Survival (Single player or CO-OP up to 2 players).
    - Game Center support. Invite your friends, online or mixing friends and random players.
    - Many achievements to unlock!
    - Share your successes on Facebook and Twitter!
    - Dynamic match making based on levels.
    - 3d cockpit view mode with gyroscope (move your device and look everywhere!)
    - Graphic scalability: the game adjusts itself to run as smooth as possible on nearly all devices.
    - Much more... you'll discover while playing

more info on www.frozenpepper.it

Great thanks for all your comments and feedback.

2. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    OMG. Game reminds me of this Xbox game. I forget what it was called but this reminds me of it. Instabuy! #

3. supermonkey444

Jul 28, 2012
    Looks so awesome definite buy

4. Bassman97

Bassman97 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    none
    You dont need to know
    WOW!!! My mind just got blown and I hope this makes it, this looks like flight simulator for the PC but this looks way better and I love the cockpit view!( I think I saw a P51, that is my most favorite airplane!)

5. iosappsrock

iosappsrock Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Freemium...

This actually looks really good. Any chance we could get a pro version without consumable IAPs? I don't mind IAPs in games, but totally Freemium games I will never download... :( Would love to see a game like this get big, but being freemium, it will not go over well with a lot of folks methinks.

Regardless, looks like a good one anyway.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Lets give this one a chance first. I'm not keen on freemium but i still give them a try, some freemium games arent too bad at all. Theyre not all evil, Storm Train/Punch Quest etc.

At the end of the day freemium games seem to generate more revenue, its very well releasing a pro version but if people dont buy it and basically wait for it to be free i'm not surprised companies release a freemium only model.

7. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #7 FrozenPepper, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    great thanks for the comments and feedback.

We actually dislike most of freemium games too, and have tried with 1948 D.o.F to tackle the freemium condition from different perspective.
    We have only 1 coin system , meaning that all items and planes can be purchased with the same "credits" you earn in game. Surely there will be some items that will require a lot of playing to purchase, but if you want you can earn in game all of the items for sale. Also, we are trying to stay away from the various "time selling" policies, we are not sure how it will play for us, but hopefully it will be a decent balance both for players and developers.

It's actually rather easy and fast to "earn" the required credits to purchase a fun plane to play with and enjoy the game.

The only purchasable thing in our game that is available only trough in-app purchase is "Advertisement Removal".

Again, thanks for the feedback !

8. alanappromoter

alanappromoter Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    app promoter
    London
    Looks amazing... Congratulations...