Pocket God Groups

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Fleabag323, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Since the Pocket God Threads are always so massive, wouldn't it be better for dave to make a new group for each update, post the info, then let people discuss. Once the discussion faded, a mod could delete the group.

2. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    This is a good idea... davecazz are you listening? ;)

3. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Don't think that this is a good idea. Even if more than 50% of the people will move to the groups, there will still be LOTS of people left (or there will be new members) who don't know that Pocket God discussion is going on in the groups instead of in the topics. They will create new topics about the current version, and then people will flame them, and the topic will get locked. It will generate more topics than there currently are.

Also, if all people would go to the Groups, there would still be the same amount of posts. What's the benefit of having them in a group instead of in a topic? I can only think of three downsides:
    If they're in a topic then it's more visible (it'll show on the first page of the Games forum and also in Searches.
    You can subscribe to topics and get e-mail notifications of new replies. You can't do that with groups.
    And groups don't show up in Searches.

I'd say: stick with topics.
    (People who got annoyed by the amount of posts in the topics have left already, they wouldn't come back if all the discussion moved to groups.)

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    EXACTLY. This way, we dont all have to stare at the crappy posts about PG and all those i(blank) RPG games.

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    You only have to stare at one PG topic each week now. If there would be social groups, there would probably be a PG topic every DAY where someone wants to start discussion about the app because this time they DID search and couldn't find a thread about it. And then there will be people flaming the topic starter for no good reason.

And should we start telling people that before posting they not only need to search, but also check the Social Groups to see if people are discussing the game there? :rolleyes: :p

6. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    ^^^Yes we should. That's a good idea.

7. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Brilliant!