Hamster Vice: Roach Wars RTS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vice Commander, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vice Commander

Vice Commander Active Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hi guys,

My name is Dwayne Ferguson and I'm pleased to introduce to you the new RTS me and Javier Davalos, the creator of Quantum Collapse, are working on. It's called Hamster Vice: Roach Wars and it's based on my comic book series and toy line.

Some of you might remember the ol' Snailiens toys, well, those were from the Hamster Vice universe and you can see pics of those on my site (posted below). Hamster Vice is a comic book series about animal cops taking on the world of insect criminals, you know the suspicious roach standing on every corner. The spider who mixes up the occasional chemical in his trailer lab. The insects have declared war on the authorities and there is something much more insidious behind why they they're causing so much mayhem. Something dark and...mysterious...in the darkest corner of an ancient crypt...

We also have some amazing voice work in the game provided by the lovely and talented original Aunt Viv from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Janet Hubert is a great friend and I'm happy she's doing the voice of Vice Tactical Officer Isis Sandstorm.

Well, the game interface is likely to change as we develop the game aaaand we're gonna have some contests to give away autographed copies of the Hamster Vice graphic novel. I say wooooo!

Please check the blog and see how the game is coming along as we work on it. Your comments are valuable to us so be sure to write and let us know what you think. See ya both on these forums and on my site soon!

Take care and happy gaming (man, that was mad corney)

Dwayne "Hunter" Ferguson
    www.diehardstudio.com

Attached Files:

2. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Awesome great work anymore screens?

3. Vice Commander

Jul 21, 2009
    Screens

Hi,

Sure we have some screens:) I'll post more as we bake em hot out of the oven.

Attached Files:

4. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Is it ready to be submitted? Or close and do u have a price?

5. Vice Commander

Jul 21, 2009
    Howdy

Hi,

So far we're knee deep in development. I'm working on units and the interface and Javier is programming around the clock. As far as price, I'm thinking about it. I want to make sure it's attractive to people but at the same time not diminishing the work we're putting into providing a quality experience:)

It won't be pricey:)

6. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Wow! Finally another game to look forward to :)

7. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    I looked at the rest of the vehicles and they look pretty cool. Even though the story sounded kinda weird. But very creative.

8. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Cool, hope it will be awesome.

9. theredjawa

theredjawa Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    WOW! This is seriously the most eciting thing I ever heard. Dwayne I loved Hamster Vice when it was out and just recently heard about the TPB. I can't believe there is going to be a game. Rest assured I will tell everyone I know about this.
    Thanks.

10. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Looks like it has pretty good graphics... I'll just wait and see how the gameplay is and how smooth it runs...

11. fenrir911

fenrir911 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    I was wondering when Javier would say exactly which rts he was making. I think I now hav to decide between this or C&C I really think it's gunna be first to come out gets my pik. Well I'm also waiting for the release of 1.2 quantum collapse. I'm really thinking that I'm going to buy this game though because I have found that Javier keeps his word. Hope this game doesn't disappoint.

12. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    WOW graphics are amazing. Let's hope framerate will be like how good the graphics look. Also I tested Quantum Collapse from Javier! :D I just wanted to brag and I will be first in line to buy this.

13. JavierDavalos

JavierDavalos Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Well I'll be making a more extensive use of the maps voxel engine for this game. For example there's going to be a full day/night cycle so you'll see how the shadows on the terrain change from dawn to dusk and into the night.
    The map will have more detail than in QC as well. From 512 pixels to 1024

the game will detect if you have a next gen iPhone and if you do you'll get super high res units.

14. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Excellent, the voice of reason. I applaud you all taking the high road and not trying to milk both fragments of the 3GS issue.

Btw, I'm liking the direction I see the art work in this game heading. ;)

15. galsabag

galsabag Member

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm really looking forward to this one. Great job guys.

16. Vice Commander

Jul 21, 2009
    Vice Command Building

Hi guys,

I'm painting the main structure for the Vice team called, surprise, Vice Command. lol. I'll post more as I complete it. I may need more coffee....more...cooffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Dwayne

Attached Files:

17. Vice Commander

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks so much, my friend:)

Hamster Vice was a bit hit when it first came out. I was at the San Diego Comic Con and the lines to get it were astounding. I'm very happy you liked the book. More Vice goodness is on the way! Take care:)

18. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    San Diego comic con as in like a week and a half ago?? How did I miss it ur area??????

19. Vice Commander

Jul 21, 2009
    Missed this one

Hi,

No I missed this year's show since I'm so busy working on the game. I will be at the next one in New York though:)

20. fenrir911

May 30, 2009
    must save money to go...... yarg i must know wat ur comic is about now, or at least before the game comes out