Total Toadz

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by randyo, Jun 5, 2012.

1. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    You guyz!!!

My buddy Mike and I have been making a game in our spare time for *a long time* but we're finally on the verge of release. [We got a preview a year back from toucharcade that maybe no one recalls: http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/02/gdc-2011-total-toads-is-a-zen-game-with-toads/ ]

Our game looks pretty much the same as a year ago, but the mechanic is cleaner now, and the whole thing is more stable programmatically.

[​IMG]

What is Total Toadz?
    An action-flicking bug eating game where you flick tongues to catch bugs.

The challenge?
    Toadz each have a math sign (plus or minus) and bugs have positive and negative numbers or other math symbols. You have to pay attention to which bugs you eat with which toad.

And watch out!
    Every time you eat a bug, your toad switches polarity. If he was a plus toad, when he eats a bug, he turns negative. Eat another bug, he's back to positive. (Or you can tap on a toad to switch polarity.)

The goal?
    Using math, get your score as high (or as low) as possible before bugs overwhelm you and reach the bottom of the screen.

Details:
    -High scoring GameCenter enabled gameplay
    -2 math minigames
    -Simple, but a brain drain.

We plan to support after release with updates. At some point we'll release a universal build (currently only iPhone/iPod) and we'll be creating additional backgrounds, modes, and bugs.

The game is submitted and approved, we just have a fix in the queue and business stuff we have to take care of, then it'll be in your hands, in hopefully about a week.

Thanks everyone! Trailer coming soon!

p.s. If you'd like to know why it's taken this long to get here... Mike was still in school until a week ago (when he graduated!) and also working at NASA as a mostly full-time intern. I was working on Waking Mars with Tiger Style and also had my own game, Dead End, that I shipped (that you should totally check out!).

2. randyo

randyo Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    (see above)
    Chicago!
    Trailer is now live and app is approved! We'll be releasing Wednesday night along with the standard iOS releases.

I hope the trailer piques your interest! (Please excuse the low youtube quality. I spent hours trying to get a better output with no success... Believe me, it looks great on device. :) )

3. rocity

rocity Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Student Researcher/Founding Partner of Phoolish Ga
    CA