Universal On The Run - an action arcade racer (Miniclip)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Benjo, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    #1 Benjo, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Hi TouchArcade!

I wanted to let you know about another new game that we've got coming out in the next few months - On The Run.

On The Run is an action racer with an arcade slant. The cops are on your tail as you make your getaway through speeding traffic, with the goal of getting to the next checkpoint before time runs out.

You'll need to show off your driving skills by catching the slipstream of other cars to go faster. Or, you can collect boosts to clear a destructive path through traffic.

The game will have tons of different cars, all of which will be fully upgradeable.

The emphasis in On The Run is on speed and explosive action - to that end, you'll find yourself driving monster trucks, warplanes, and even a tank as you smash your way to freedom!

This is the next step in Miniclip's On The Run series of games, the first time the series has moved to mobile.

We're moving towards a soft-launch of On The Run soon, in the meantime here's a few screenshots and some gameplay video from the first level of the latest build of the game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I like what I see!
    Are there any timers in the game?

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to this... Also hoping there are no timer bull.

4. henryjos

henryjos New Member

I will try this game.!!

5. Rather different from the desktop versions then...huh...I would really play an iOS version of those games...I really like the first one, at least

6. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    Thanks!

To answer your question, On The Run will be free to download: you have a fuel bar and you use up 1 fuel per run. It recharges in a few minutes. As you progress through the game you'll be upgrading your vehicle to make it go further and collect more bonuses with every run :)

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    So the answer is....yes

8. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    Yup, just thought I'd give a little more detail :D

9. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    How many times can I play with one fuel bar? And how many minutes does it take to recharge?

10. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London
    It's not finalised yet, I'll let you know when we have some confirmed details! We hope to soft-launch On The Run soon too so you can check it out for yourself and we'd love some feedback about it, actually.

11. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

May 6, 2014
    Community Manager
    London