Research on mobile gamers

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RobWol, Jun 15, 2016.

1. RobWol

RobWol New Member

Jun 15, 2016
    Hi folks! I’m currently doing a research for my university studies on mobile gaming and would like to ask everyone who has 5-10 minutes time to answer this quick survey. It is completely anonymous as no personal info is required or gathered during the process! :cool:

To access the survey, please follow this link: https://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/77E3266C94E258D0.par

I appreciate your participation! :)

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Out of curiosity I went to check your survey. And your design rather baffles me, to say the least.

It's called sex, not gender.

Why do you cut off age range at 40+? I know gamers way in their sixties for example. Having 10 year increments at least up to 60 would be better.

Next, income after taxes doesn't tell you much without the country where I live.
    And the first increment going from 0 to 10k is way too large, while the last one cuts off too early at 50k.

Page 2 is where I stopped. I don't have a smartphone, I use a wifi-only iPad. So no carrier subscription and "unlimited transfer" is meaningless because that typically applies to mobile dataplans (but well, you could consider my broadband fees being equivalent).

Phrasing like "Now, please think of your favorite mobile game." on page 3 doesn't sound like a professional survey, more like a cuddly self-experience course ;) And the question are not well-worded. Where's your definition of "a lot" and "most", for example?

"Please keep thinking of the same mobile game" ... "please keep thinking about the threefold lotus grasshopper" ;)

Question 16 & 17 don't address online communities (like the one you are posting to :) ) at all. The focus on friends & family is more than a little odd.

#18 is missing answers in the vein of "I like the challenge", "I like difficult games", etc.

I guess if you are enrolled for "Comparative Social Marketing Studies" or similar nonsense this counts as acceptable. I sure hope it does not in case you study any hard science like Statistical Math. What do they teach you kids in school nowadays? And now get off my lawn :p

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    spam out in force the past two days