Ipad3 Updates for Non Ipad3 Owners?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by silentcorp, Mar 29, 2012.

1. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    So for those of us who don't own a new Ipad, are all these updates just really large texture packs that we should *not* update? Will these all just increase the file size of these apps due to the larger texture size?

Are you just not updating those apps? I have almost 10gig's free on my iPhone 4s, when I go to "update all" (5 total updates) it says I don't have enough room on my device.

2. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    File sizes should be increased by 4x for retina apps and games (4x the pixels). Just not update.

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I doubt all file sizes are going to be quadruple, I can see about double for a lot of apps.

But honesty, are you going to permanently ignore updates? It's not ideal, but can you ignore the updates because of the size? If you do, then you're going to be missing out on other fixes, additions, etc.

Also, just to be clear, doing on device updates take substantially more space since everything is done on the device. Now if you're updating games like Words with Friends and Evernote, then there might be problems ;)