Would you play a game like Dragonvale but if it was a paid app & balanced accordingly

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Levendi, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Levendi

Levendi Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Hey, Just wondering if anyone would play a game similar to like dragonvale, tiny monsters or games like that but would pay for it say it be $0.99, $1.99, $2.99 and instead of paying for gems, coins etc, you earn them in the game through like various minigames etc? Or developers should just stick with freemium but balancing it out appropriately and have it value for money? Thanks :)

2. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    I can't imagine a dragonvale style game with the freemium model.
    The fun in the game is waiting, without the wait, they'd be no challenge.. You'd have everything instantly.

If they still had the timers, but also had an upfront fee, well that's pretty pointless, because 99% of people would rather download the free one rather than pay upfront for something that they are unsure they'll enjoy.

Since you can earn free currency in dragonvale by doing mini games and whatnot, to me, the entire concept seems pointless, and isn't very unique, and since dragonvale is already huge, you'd have a very tough time competing with something that's already been done and is still on the top of the charts.

(Just my opinion)

If you are planning on developing something, I'd go for a more unique approach if I were you.
    I can't see how yet another dragonvale clone could possibly bring in any revenue.

3. Levendi

Levendi Member

Jun 22, 2013
    Heyy,

Do you mean the premium model instead of freemium like you said in your comment at the start?

I would agree with you I was actually just randomly thinking of it and was talking about it with a friend :)

" If you are planning on developing something, I'd go for a more unique approach if I were you. I can't see how yet another dragonvale clone could possibly bring in any revenue." - Do you mean by this that another clone like dragonvale with dragons etc wouldn't be good and that wouldn't bring in revenue? I would 100% agree with that even thought Dragon Story and Dragon Skies have brought in a decent amount of revenue.

By more unique, do you mean like a different characters, settings, objects and unique gameplay mechanics and gameplay in general? Is that what you mean?