Game Center for Mac Apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crunc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I hope Apple brings Gamecenter to the Mac. I love Angry Birds from the MAS, but I miss Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards, comparing with friends.

Any word on if Apple will be bring Gamecenter to the Mac?

2. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I'd love for Game Center to be integrated with the Mac Apps, too. But it seems like no one knows at this point, and no one will know until Apple says something. I would guess that it's only a matter of time, as it seems like it would be a no-brainer.

3. hesty

hesty Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Pure speculation, but it could perhaps be part of the Lion upgrade. Was also thinking they may have an iBooks desktop out by then to sort of "complete the circle."

I'd imagine they're allowing time for the Mac App Store to mature, and obviously busy creating testing the app itself.

It'll come, just a matter of time.

4. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    That's a good theory. It is a no-brainer that Apple are going to bring iBooks to Mac. I also look forward to GameCenter coming to Mac.

5. robotsvswizards.com

robotsvswizards.com Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Game Development, Music
    CA, USA
    I would love to see game center in mac apps.
    From a developer perspective I think it would be pretty easy. Especially seeing as how apple has very specific requirements for the mac app store that makes the process almost the same as building a mobile app.

Just need them to "flip the switch".