How do you keep track of all the good, new games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by transcend11, Jun 11, 2009.

1. transcend11

transcend11 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I've had an iPhone for almost a year now and am definitely an app addict... But if I neglect visiting touchArcade for even a week, I feel like I am missing out on some big releases that I may completely overlook.

Sometimes I'll sort the topics on the forums by 'reply count' or 'view count' to see the very popular games and discussions.

How do you all keep up?

2. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    The way I do it is I browse the forums. After browsing the forums, I browse the App Store. I check the What's Hot, New and Noteworthy, etc. Then I keep them all down in my Notes section so I can compare and save money to buy them.

I find it effective for reminding myself and eliminating the apps I don't want. :p

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Decent start but here's at least my problem with that. I often find myself drawn to very obscure games that never really catch on that widely (Tri, Disney Puzzle Family, etc.) so I find myself browsing AppShopper's Latest Game Releases/Updates but admit this can be a chore if looking more than a few days back. Perhaps narrowing the search to JUST new arrivals would make it a little more manageable.

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Really good point transcend11. I find myself glued to this bloody forum these days, because I know that the app store gives such a laymans outlook on what's hot, I hate to rely on it. I blame Apple for this problem. Their store needs a serious spring clean. If they would adopt the same system as amazon.com, it would resolve alot of the problems.

5. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
  6. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Touch Arcade and lurking the forums were huge for me. Also, the convenience and awesomeness of App Shopper cannot be understated. That site has saved me so much time, found me so many great games and continues to provide an invaluable service. Between those few sources you'll likely be in the know. One of the reasons I started a blog was that there was so much to know I needed something to help me filter out the noise myself and hopefully help others in the process.