Universal Super Glyph Quest

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Bulk Paint, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

Hello Arcaders!

You lot were so nice to us the last time we were here, I thought it only fair to update you on what we're planning next. So here's a thread to talk about...

Super Glyph Quest!

That's right - Super. "What's so super about it?" I hear you ask. Well, how's about this for a feature list.

Customisable characters.
    Not just Witch or Wizard any more. Pick hairstyles, eyes, face bits. Also, dress them up in new Robes or try out a new Staff or Wand.

[​IMG]

Characters.
    Lots of them. There are good guys, bad guys and some we're just not sure about. You can talk to them and everything. This means that there's also a Story this time and not something we just threw together whilst putting in the end game screen that last time.

[​IMG]

Multiple Enemies.
    At once! Some times the bad guys will gang up on you. Sometimes they'll call in reinforcements. But it's okay - we've also given you Area of Effect attacks. Because we're nice like that.

[​IMG]

New Glyph Types.
    The old game had 6. This one has 8 - plus all of the new crazy combinations that implies. Say hello to Primal and Metal people.

[​IMG]

Upgrades.
    Level up. Improve your skills with our fancy-pants tech tree thing. Reversals, Aftertouch, Critical Hits. They're all in here somewhere.

[​IMG]

Crafting.
    Harvest icky bits from monsters and have this chap turn them into new items of equipment for you. I've been reliably informed that he washes them first.

[​IMG]

Still with us? Good job on the scrolling, BTW.

Super Glyph Quest - coming soon to iOS. Find us on Facebook. Tell your friends.

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Nice! Glyph Quest was great, Super Glyph Quest looks greater. Really looking forward to this one.

3. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
  4. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Awesome!!!

I really enjoyed Glyph Quest and good to know the Iap I bought in it is being put to good use :)

Can't wait for this one to come out. Looks like a lot more in depth and options

5. Bulk Paint

How about a gameplay teaser trailer?

Also - more news:

[​IMG]

That's right - some of the stars of Hatoful Boyfriend also make an appearance. I bet you didn't see that coming. (We didn't either, if we're honest)

6. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thread bump! Can't wait for this one. Has a release date been finalized?

7. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Insta-buy!!! :D

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!!

8. Bulk Paint

No hard and fast release date as yet. The current plan has us submitting at the end of next week though, so first week of October...

...if everything goes to plan.

9. Bulk Paint

Latest update and situation report can be found in the Dev Diary.

TLDR - we're nearly there!

10. Bulk Paint

We are in submission and awaiting review. Due to the crazy time the app store is having ATM, the review process is taking a bit longer than normal.

Release date is looking like the October 23rd now.

Don't forget that the original Glyph Quest is currently on sale, so now's your chance to try it out and get up to speed if you haven't already.

11. Bulk Paint

Well, it's been hard work but we're finally done.

Super Glyph Quest will be hitting the App Store tomorrow! (Thursday 23rd Oct)

Yes, at long last, you'll be able to dust off your wand (or, indeed, staff) and set about the nasty monsters once more.

Happy Questing!

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

YAY!

That sounds fantastic, loved the first one!

How is your little family doing, btw? Does the toddler distract you a lot from developing? :D

13. Bulk Paint

We're tired but otherwise fine, thanks for asking.

If anyone's keeping score, it's a lot harder making a game when you have an actual baby to not kill rather than when you are 'only' pregnant with one. #whoknew?

14. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    Will it be available on New Zealand App Store today?

15. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Also what's the price point?

16. Bulk Paint

Yes it will. Everywhere except for Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore. That version's coming a bit later.

17. Bulk Paint

Tier 3 - that translates as $2.99.

We really wanted to do the 'shareware' thing again but an awful lot of people didn't 'get' it last time. I'm sure most of that was our fault, but the app store doesn't really have the language to describe that model. It was just simpler and safer to go premium this time.

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #18 Guise, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    Score! This is my most anticipated release in a while. Hope all goes well with the launch.

EDIT: Hopefully a New Zealander or Australianist will start a thread in the main games section soon.

19. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Bought this sight unseen as soon as it hit the AppStore. The first is one of my favorite games this year, and it's crazy that this isn't getting more coverage when so many other popular games are essentially clones of other games.

It's too bad people didn't get it last time because I thought it was done really well and tastefully. The downside, if I remember correctly, is that the real depth of the game (mixing elements and doing longer matches) was hidden behind the pay wall. I'd imagine a lot of people assumed it didn't change a whole lot from the beginning parts, and passed on the mage license.

Now the problem I'm having is that it feels like it's taking too long to progress to that deeper stage in SGQ.

20. Snail Games

Snail Games Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    #20 Snail Games, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    Really cool.