Madden NFL 11 From E.A

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    EA Mobile has released first details and screenshots of the iPhone and iPod touch iteration of Madden NFL 11.

[​IMG]

This year's instalment comes with a noticeable graphical update that seizes on the iPhone 4 Retina display and generally takes the visual detail up a notch.

Expanded hot routes are promised, ensuring that you can modify plays on both offence and defence by tracing new routes with a finger on the touchscreen.

Other features include "GameFlow," which EA Mobile says will enable more time on the field; however, the publisher neglects to explain just how this feature works.

The question on our minds is whether online multiplayer will be offered. As solid as last year's instalment was, wi-fi multiplayer was the big catch.

[​IMG]

Joining the iPhone and iPod touch version of Madden NFL 11 will be a high-definition iPad version. No screenshots or details about potential differences on iPad were provided.

Madden NFL 11 will be available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad this autumn at a speculated price of $9.99/£5.99.

[​IMG]

Source PG​

2. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Woah, this looks amazing. I might actually buy it first day if it really does look that nice.
    Oh yeah... FIRST!:D

3. r0x0r

r0x0r Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Germany
    Was about time to see some screenshots. The gfx looks impressive. Was a good decision to sell my psp :D

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Ea has explained gameow many times. I presume it's the same anyway. Also I want more in depth single player modes.

5. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I'm still prayin for online play, that alone is determin whether ima buy this or not

6. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    nice graphic i think it will be only for 3gs 4 and it3

7. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Online multiplayer doesn't interest me as much as a true Dynasty/Superstar mode.

8. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    It's hard to say what the delay will or could be. I often times get the feeling that the idevice ports of console games are intentionally delayed in order to try and entice us to buy the more expensive version first. I still think this is why Tiger Woods 2011 isn't out for the iPhone yet. EA wants us to buy the 59.99 console version more than it wants us to buy the 9.99 mobile version.

9. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    For any of you interested about the Gameflow player management system, it basically calls the calls for you. That means you don't have to sift through offensive or defensive plays trying to pick which one to play; you just let an AI coach call the plays for you. It takes away a lot of game time and has you just play football (if that makes sense).

10. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #10 strato g, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    These screenshots are awesome!! After seeing what NCAA 11 looked like, I had pretty much written Madden NFL 11 off and decided not to even purchase it, as I assumed it would be a repeat of last year's version. Again, the screenshots look really good!! I have only a few questions. 1.) Have the tackle animations been improved? Last year, instead of actual tackles, they just bumped you and you went flying across the field. 2.) Has the commentary been improved? Last year's commentary was just repetitive sound bites. 3.) Have any other features been added such as: a halftime show/ report, practice mode, etc.

11. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    I'm hoping for a big improvement on the iPhone version of Madden 10. Online multiplayer would be nice, but just doesn't seem to be something EA go in for?

In terms of physics, modes and sound I was very disappointed with last year's effort. I'll be picking up the 360 version of this anyway, though I would still like an NFL game on my iDevice...hmm. Guess I'll wait and see what Gameloft have to offer too.

12. Shunsui

Shunsui Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I do not think that make this game online is an easy task, like many sport game.
    Also taken into consideration that thyere are difference with the iPhone versions.

Madden looks quite a nicce visual improvement, and I am looking forward it.

13. Gsmokey

Gsmokey Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    I liked madde10 more than NFL10 but this year its all about whose game is more realistic also what would definitly be good for the game if they have instant replay ,a zoom in and zoom out feature ,and the challenge a play call ,that would really make it a more realistic feeling football game like the console but I'm not gonna get my hopes up on all those features happening for now ,anyway graphics look better hope the gameplay is to (let the battle begin) NFL11/madden11 let's get it on

14. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    If EA releases this in conjunction with the console versions at essentially 1/6 the price of the console versions, then there is no fricken way I'm buying the console version. As much as I'd appriciate a simultaneous release, it's a mistake for EA to go this route.

15. Shunsui

Shunsui Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Why would you prefer the iPhone version over the Console one?
    Madden iPhone will be at 10 bucks, the nice GFX and content (like online) will not be there compared a console version...

If I had to choose, I would go with the console version.
    About the iPhone version, I would go with Gameloft game whcih would be cheaper, and give a chance to the competition on Football game.

But this comment is only while knowing nothing about these games Madden on console, iPhone and NFL 2011.
    Just an instant call prior release.

16. elnombre

elnombre Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Well, put it this way. The quality of gameplay, depth, game modes, realism not to mention the obvious (graphics, sound, commentary, online multiplayer) of Madden 10 on the 360 compared to the iPhone version was a hundred to 1. The iPhone version was deleted from my phone within 2 weeks. I'm still playing the XBox version a year later.

17. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    New screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Shunsui

Shunsui Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    This is the iPad version :)

19. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    It looks good on iPad. I see they already have T.O. AKA Team Oblidiator AKA Terrell Owens on the game.

20. dhgamer

dhgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    New York
    Any videos floating around for this yet? Only a few days away and we still don't have many details on the iphone version.