N.O.V.A Best, or Maybe top 3 of all mobile games out (PSP/DS etc)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by acidshaman, Dec 22, 2009.

1. acidshaman

acidshaman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I just looked through the top PSP games, and I dont think they have a shooter that even touches NOVA... maybe PSP wins in RPG's and Fighters (Tekken 6 looked good). But NOVA is FPS (my favorite), and Im not seeing anything that beats it..

the combo of good graphics, good controls, good engine/gameplay, populated (not popular) Multiplayer...

I welcome any suggestion of a better mobile FPS (nothing comes close IMO)

2. SarcasticGamer

SarcasticGamer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Nova looks and controls better than any FPS I've played on the PSP including Resistance. NDS doesn't even come close to what the Iphone achieved graphics wise. 3GS rules!

3. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Metroid Prime Hunters for DS. Have a good good day sir.

(NOVA top 3 mobile game of all time? lol)

4. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    #4 CDubby94, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    Medal of Honor Heroes 2

Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies

I'm sorry but you must be a HUGE Gameloft fanboy for this thread and for hating on the appvent indie games.

Also, the title says all mobile games but your post says FPS's, which are you talking about?

5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009

No kidding, my god these iPod/iPhone only "gamers" really have no idea.

6. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    I loved Metroid Prime Hunters way back in the Day but Nova is looks better and nobody plays metroid online anymore!

7. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    I own every console you can Imagine kiddo but among all handhelds my 3gs is the only one I carry to work and doesnt make me look like an overgrown kid whenever I play on the train.

8. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Hmm. MoH 2 does look like competition.. not sure how the multiplayer is

I have CoD: Zombies, and while its a great shooter, its just a slow survival shooter.. when your just standing there doing absolutely nothing, waiting for Zombies to show up.. it definitaley loses its top spot

Im not a Gameloft fanboy, I really hate the MC Multiplayer crap, it even says Multiplayer on the icon but wont work with 40%+ of routers out there

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Kiddo? haha, anyways what does looking like an overgrown kid have to do with the quality of the games?

Nothing.

I guess you do look more "cool" with an iPhone, doesn't make the games any better than a DS or PSP's though.

I'm not talking about FPS's only BTW, I'm talking about all games.

10. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Do you have any suggestions? Enlighten us please.

I just meant int he FPS bracket.. I know iPhone has been poorly neglected in the RPG department (Ravensword was a great tech demo though)

11. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Haha, you guys should of seen this nerd playing his DS in my high school class, me and everyone else is playing on their iPod touches:)

12. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah I havent seen a good FPS on the psp. DS had metroid prime which was awesome. COD: WAW on DS wasnt half bad either.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009

In the FPS bracket no, I generally hate FPS on all handhelds. I stick to console/PC for that. I was referring to the "(NOVA top 3 mobile game of all time? lol)" comment.

It's not in the top 3 games of all time for handhelds, if you just meant FPS's then fine, but it didn't seem that way with how you worded it.

14. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    Well, I meant of the FPS side of things... top 3 of all time better have Pokemon:Red in there ROFL

I also think that NOVA really brought the FPS on handheld to a new platfrom (a fast paced one that is actually GOOD)...

MoH 2 does look like it may beat it (bet its $37 more though, with that factored in is it worth it?)

15. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    $20 on Amazon you could probably find it for cheaper online, especially if you buy it used. Good game, definitely buy it if you have a PSP.

16. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    How does the multiplayer rank against NOVA?

I know some people say CoD Zombies is the best, but IMO its really slow, amazing survival shooter, but doesnt really hold its own versus fast paced/instaneous combat

17. SarcasticGamer

Jul 5, 2009
    NYC
    Want to know the Greatest Handheld game of all time? According to Indie dev C0re http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=504110&postcount=43 it's Hybrid Whisper! Take that Nintendo hahahaha!

18. acidshaman

May 5, 2009
    SID i want to hear your top 3 mobile games...

Im guessing they are RPG's? unfortunately the iPhone isnt feeling the love from the RPG guys.. IMO Gameloft is the only team putting out any halfway good 3D titles (of the non FPS variety)

Ravensword was a great tech demo.. the XPAC has an artist from morrowind even!

19. CDubby94

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Multiplayer is the main staple of the game. Single player campaign only lasts a couple hours but it's worth it because the multiplayer is so good.

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009