Splash: The Game on iPhone - Beta Test

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CroissantProduction, Jun 20, 2012.

1. #1 CroissantProduction, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
    [​IMG] Hi,

We are working on our last game : SPLASH. We are actually polishing the game before the final release on the App Store on July 5th.
    Edit : splash will be released on July the 19th

What is SPLASH:
    Splash is a puzzle-plateforming game which uses water physics-based gameplay to slip and leap through levels strewn with pitfalls.

The storyline:
    A young Panda has lost all his bath ducks and he couldn’t bathe without them. The adventure will take you from “Bubble School”, where you will learn to master the power of water bubble, to more dangerous places, such as the “Volcano Mania”. But not so fast! The way to find all the ducks is not so quiet and you will encounter even more challenges. You must be quick, clever, and fearless if you want to succeed. As you are going deeper on the game, Splash will require tactical maneuvers and well-planned strategy to achieve the levels on time.

SPLASH will offer 60 levels through 4 universes.
    You can join the beta-test before the final release on July 19th on the App Store

You can Join our Beta-Test before the final release:
    Beta Test Link

Video Trailer:

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please leave us your comments!
    Thanks for watching :D
    http://splash.croissantproduction.com/

2. MrDckx

MrDckx Member

Jan 18, 2012
    The game looks gorgeous! I have beta tested over 10 games and normally I produce a list of things I think can be better. For this game the list is very short:

- It is possible to change the control system, but only via the pause menu in game. Not in the settings menu. Maybe put this button in the settings menu and put a settings button in the pause menu?

- When I tried to reset the game progress, the screen went black and the game crashed. I tried to reproduce this, but then it did reset the progress but crashed on the level selection.

- I tried to unlock all the content. When I went back to the level selection, the levels appeared as locked although they were not. Also when I unlocked all the content, I was also rated 3 stars in every level.

- I could not check this because game center is not working at the moment. But are there a lot of achievements? If so, maybe it is better to move the button for achievements (& leaderboards) to the title page instead of the settings page.

- Why do I need to release all the ducks individually?

- I miss a tap control system. So the player can tap left or right and the player moves accordingly. Faster tapping (or holding) can be used to control the movement speed. But maybe I should just get used to the touch control system as it seems to work quite well.

I think you did a really great job on this game. For me, the best game on iPhone was cut the rope. This game gives the same feeling, so you achieved your goal very well.

Still playing and if I encounter bugs or so I will report them of course. I hope you find this feedback useful.

3. #3 CroissantProduction, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
    Thanks a lot for your positive feedback :)
    I added the button control in the option menu
    I fixed this, those where known bug, those buttons were mainly for debugging purpose
    Gamecenter is not available for games that are not available on the app store. You have to get a "sandbox" account. There are about 20 achievements I Will consider putting it on the home page.
    It increase the gameplay on some level ;)
    We tested a lot a "touching" control to move the bubble. Best way is with the accelerometer, it allow you to play with one hand but we kept the option of controling the bubble move with touch if you want to play in your bed or upsidedown... tapping doesn't seem very "natural" to me but I Will talk about this idea with the whole "team" of tester

Thanks again for taking time to test Splash
    PS: I'm very honored you mentioned cut the rope as it's also one of my favourite games

4. Many thanks to all the touch arcade members who register to the beta.
    Thanks to you we are going to release a really great game.:)

5. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I find the game to be a lot of fun it's like a cross between Where's my Water and Cut the Rope almost.
    Your character is cute and the animation is nice the puzzles can be hard sometimes but it's a good balance between too hard and too easy so it works well the bubble adds a whole new dimension to the challenges.

6. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    I just beta tested this game, I have to say a few things. At first there were a few issues, but within hours the developed fixed them which was amazing. The game now runs and plays great even on the itouch. I would highly recommend this game to anyone who likes games similar to where my water, cut the rop, saving yello, ext. Can't wait for the full game!

7. Thanks a lot guys ! I'm a Fan of Cut the rope so I take it as an honor that you compare my game with it ! I currently finishing the Space world with no gravity. It's really fun but a nightmare to level design. Anyway stay tuned the game should be out shortly

8. BanzaiTokyo

BanzaiTokyo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    the video looks really impressive. It is not my type of game, but I can appreciate how much work you've put into the project!

9. @BanzaiTokyo Thank you! We really appreciate here!

10. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Oh wow, this looks great, hope it doesn't share the same fate as Watee.

11. I hope too ! In my opinion Watee was nice but fps was really too low to enjoy it. Our game game is 60 fps all the time :)

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I agree. The fluid physics and animation in your game is top notch. I was just remembering that Watee debuted 3 days after Where's My Water and had all of its potential thunder stolen.

The puzzles look really cool and fun to solve as well, which is another big plus. :)

13. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Just put some time into the beta yesterday and this is a really great, polished game. Very much in the vein of Cut The Rope and Where's My Water while also being fundamentally different from both games.

The art style is great and I also really love that you're given visual feedback as to how many stars you'll get while you're playing. This definitely beats having to remember, "Okay, 10 seconds for two stars and 7 seconds for three stars," as you have to with other games using the three star rating system.

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Agreeded the visual feedback really take away all the guesswork with getting all the stars,just got the final build,they really did a great job with this game

15. Thanks guy !
    Your comments are really heart warming. It's my first game, I hope it won't be the last. You make me feel more confident now.

Keep posting your feelings about the game, what you like and dislike, it helps me a lot !! "Splash" is getting better and better thanks to you

I'm about to send the release for review in the next couple of days. I will keep you informed about the launch date.

16. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    #16 sakara214ever, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Ok here we go just a quick review for this awesome game because i guess the respectful dev wants to release it pretty soon.
    First of all this game is a must buy for me. I will buy it it as soon as it hits the Appstore.
    Second i love the graphics and the music of the game they show that the dev loves his work.
    I really love the pretty character of the game but i think it should have a name.
    Characters with names make the players " feel" closer to them.
    Maybe a facebook button to publish score and time?
    And a twitter?
    Moreover i like the bubble BUT i think that with tilt controls it should be a little more sensitive when moving cause in some levels i hardly saw the screen of my 3gs trying to catch the right angle.
    As i said the music is really inspiring but i think each world should have it's own music.
    The graphics of each world and level are unique and that i like sooooo much.
    I would also suggest different music when hitting 3 stars i want to know i did it. Now i nearly know i did it i wanna reeaaaaallllly know it ;)
    Maybe a hint button for difficult levels triggered after some successful 3star levels?
    AS A BETA TESTER I FOUND MYSELF PLAYING OVER AND OVER THIS GAME CAUSE I WANTED TO BE BETTER AND BETTER IN EACH LEVEL. SOOOOO RARE FOR A GAME.
    Sorry for that quick review have so much work. Know almost everything for this game i loved it from the first time.
    Keep up the good work dev...

17. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I thought this would be out on the 28th? Saw an article somewhere (can't remember) stating the release date. hopefully soon

18. At first it was suppose to be out for the july the 5th. I don't know where you found 28th.
    But we postponed it to add localisation and polish again level design and control.
    Now we plan a release the 19th.

19. agutierrez

agutierrez Active Member

Jun 30, 2012
    I agree with whoever said controls need to be more sensitive. I would recommend implementing a sensitivity option.

20. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Guys i spoke to the Dev of this wonderful game through e-mail. He is an amazing person so polite so eager to hear people's thoughts so
    eager to make the game better and better. It is vary rare for devs. Most of the devs just release a game and leave it to it's luck putting sometimes a ton of inapp purchaces. Monsieur Joseph of Croissant Production is the definition of how the Devs should be nowadays. I am really speechless.