What The Hell Just HAPPENED?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Jun 14, 2011.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #1 crex, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
    Ok, so I was trying to play DA2 with cjsbug, but apparently I was in sandbox. So I logged out and logged back in. What happened next totally caught me by surprise. Before I logged out, I had about 25 registered Gamecenter games but now it lists just 4!!!! I had about 90-100 achievements unlocked but now it says 7!!! I had a couple of friends and now I have no friends!!! WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED???!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Sandboxed mode is for beta testing games. And then there is 'normal mode' where everyone is suppose to log in to.

These are two separate accounts, even though they can be the same name. You need to think of it as a sandboxed (beta) account, and a regular account.

If you login from inside a beta application, you go into the sandboxed account.

What you did looks like you've been in a sandboxed account this whole time. Then switched to your normal account which doesnt have the same friends, games, achievements because it's essentially a different account.

You need to log out of Game Center from the GC app. Then open a game that is a beta build, wait a little bit, and a pop-up will come up asking you to log into your GC account, enter your email and password to login, and then go back to the GC app and you should see all your friends, achievements and games again.

However, I suggest you use the normal account for non-beta stuff and try keeping track of which account you are logged into from now on.

This usually happens to people in the opposite way :p. They have a normal account and then find out about the beta account at some point.

3. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    #3 cjsbug, Jun 14, 2011
    That's what I expected too, but when I look at crex's GC sandbox profile, he only has 3 friends, 0 games, 0 achievements.

4. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I don't much about all this GC stuff so I'm glad you could help! THNX!!

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    90-100 achieves? pfft...

[​IMG]

Thats 132,500+ btw :eek:

6. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I actually looked at it again it's around 175. :D hehe. It's cuz I never had wifi until I just got my new Mac a few weeks ago, so all the games that had Gamecenter that I probably unlocked a lot of achievements on had already been deleted. Therefore, all those 175 achievements are only for the games that are currently installed. :)

EDIT: Plus, I'm an idevice gaming addict. Not a Game Center addict. :D

7. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    #7 triggywiggy, Jun 14, 2011
    Yeh this happened to me once too. Just sign out then sign in and it should be back to usual.

8. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Um, uh...

9. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Ugh, Stupid slow auto edit on my IPod! Hate when it does that. Plus my cat has decided my arm is a comfortable place to lay. So Apple and my Cat must have something against me. :p

10. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Ah, gotcha. :D