Neurokult react. adapt. survive

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WoodlandBarbarian, Jul 30, 2013.

1. WoodlandBarbarian

May 21, 2013
    Hamburg
    #1 WoodlandBarbarian, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hi there, we're the Woodland Barbarians, a new independent game studio, located in Hamburg, Germany. We are excited to announce NEUROKULT, our first game that will be available in the app store on October, 17th

Teaser

ABOUT
    NEUROKULT is an arcade touch ’em up that requires quick reactions and intuition. The thrilling and absorbing gameplay constantly challenges your ability to stay focused and act instinctively.

The game, set in a cyberpunk universe, comes with handcrafted effects and a unique tailor-made minimal electronic soundtrack which result in an immersive audio-visual journey.

[​IMG]

You are a voyager immerging into an uncharted neurospace. On your journey you are confronted with defencse mechanisms, neurobombs and nerve-racking boss battles that vary in every stage. The constantly changing patterns and gameplay variations force you to adapt your strategy and improve your reactions permanently.

FEATURES
    • Exclusive for iOS devices
    • No In App Purchases. This game is about your skill, not your wallet
    • Fast-paced audio-visual gameplay
    • Sixteen varying stages to learn and master
    • Tailor-made minimal electronic soundtrack by mekoor https://soundcloud.com/mekoor
    • Five cinematic storyline panels
    • Five nerve-racking boss fights
    • Unlockable hardcore endless mode
    • Gamecenter achievements and leaderboards

FURTHER INFORMATION
    To find more out about the game and the progress follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/WoodBarbarians, on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/woodlandbarbarians or visit us here http://woodland-barbarians.com/

2. WoodlandBarbarian

May 21, 2013
    Hamburg
    #2 WoodlandBarbarian, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    This is one of the artworks, we are using for Neurokult's ingame cutscenes. As one of those it will be separated in layers, edited and combined with music and text within our homebrew engine.

Not very narrative, those short scenes are integrated as rewarding and decelerating elements, supporting the atmosphere of the game.

[​IMG]

More to come!

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    The imagery and theme here looks top notch, I'm not sure about the apparent dexterity based rhythm dynamics but if ever there were a game that seemed polished enough to pull me in those screenshots look like it. Thank you for making it IAP free, I'll be keeping an eye on development but from appearances I suspect Neurokult is closer to complete.

4. WoodlandBarbarian

May 21, 2013
    Hamburg
    Thanks and you are right, we are close to the submit :).

The game is actually not forcing you to react to a rhythm as gamplay element, it is more engaging the player to find its own (flow or rhythm) and don't lose focus to progress. But the incoming trailer will give a better impression what to expect.

5. WoodlandBarbarian

May 21, 2013
    Hamburg
    We just released the first Teaser for Neurokult; it is included in the Topic/Description. Check it out!

6. WoodlandBarbarian

May 21, 2013
    Hamburg
    We are at the Gamescom in Cologne at the moment, trying to connect with some journalists trough our grasroot-"marketing". Furthermore this is a great place to talk to names from the indiegame-scene like dennis wedin, sos or vlambeer…

in the meantime: here a design of the first boss-A.I., you have to beat in Neurokult. A relatively easy one that flows through the screen and should not be touched:

[​IMG]

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Looking on that video, first thing that crosses my mind is an arcade puzzle game. I really like what i see.

8. WoodlandBarbarian

May 21, 2013
    Hamburg