Danmaku Unlimited 2 [by Doragon Entertainment]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foxbat, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

#1 Foxbat, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
    Updated with launch trailer:

Hello everyone, I'm pleased today to share with you some details about the sequel to the acclaimed bullet-hell shooter Danmaku Unlimited:

Danmaku Unlimited 2′s story takes place after the events of the original, where humanity made huge technological advances from the powers left by the valkyriass. As part of the elite delta flight tasked with recovering a recently discovered valkyrian power core, the routine recovery mission quickly unravels out of control as they come across forces beyond their imaginations.

Danmaku Unlimited 2 features classic bullet-hell action across 5 action-packed stages, with an extended persistence system that allows for greater customization to suit different play style. With the new in-house Eingana engine, the game offers breathtaking bullet-packed HD graphics at a smooth 60fps. The game will also feature soundtracks from BLANKFIELD, a talented Japanese indie circle that also provided amazing music for Storm Strikers.

I’m currently still hard at work finishing the boss battles and the scoring/shooting system, but the game should be available before the end of the year for the iOS as an universal app. I’ll be sharing more information in the coming months so stay tuned to this thread or my devblog!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Take your time. Since Cave is releasing another of their Games soon you probably should don`t rush anything out to soon :)

3. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Great news! Danmaku 1 was awesome and I'm sure the sequel will be even better. Keep up the good work.

4. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Awesome. What are the minimum specs? Will this run on the ipod4?
    Thanks in advance.

5. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

it should run on the 4th gen ipod (i'm testing the game on the iphone4 and ipad2), whether it'll be a separate SD or a HD build will depend on the optimization phase, will probably need the help of some of the TA forum-ers to beta test across different devices when that time comes :)

6. I loved danmaku, this version is going to be universal right?

7. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

Yup! With icade support :)

8. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Alright, thanks for the answer. I have an iPod touch 4; please feel free to pm me if you need someone to test the game on one of those devices.

9. You are awesome! Look forward to playing on my new ipad. Danmaku was awesome, so this game will only be better. Good luck. Let me know if you need any help.

10. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
  11. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

added some screenshots, please check them out when you get a chance! :)

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    This is my most anticipated game of the year :D

I've been following the posts on your website, and I'm glad you finally started an upcoming thread here.

13. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Honestly, I think you've got Cave's attention already with the first one, and they should be a little worried with the quality work you're producing. ;) The video has me really excited, and I truly can't wait for this one. :)

14. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

I'd be very honored if they think my games are comparable to theirs! Maybe they'll give me a job if I decide to move away from indie haha

15. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    My simple request is that the number '1' look very different form the number '7' i the multiplier and score font. Sometimes I quick glance confuses the two.

16. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

I'll look into changing that thanks!

17. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    This is going to be awesome Mr. Tam! It looks like you have made the jump to HD graphics for your games. Any chance that Storm Strikers will receive Retina support after you are finished with this? That would be fantastic.

18. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Sorry, double post.

19. Foxbat

Foxbat Well-Known Member

There isn't anything planned for Storm Strikers at the moment as Danmaku Unlimited 2 is basically my last shot at this whole indie thing. Financially going indie really hasn't been working out so unless DU2 can turn it around I'll need to find some more stable work.

20. When is this coming out?