Looking for Cydia Theme Creator!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Varking, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Hello there! I hope this is not against the rules but if it is, please do not ban me, just remove or lock this thread. I come from Android devices and forums and this type of stuff is more than allowed over there. Anyways, to the meat of the thread!

I am looking for somebody to either help me create, or create a full winterboard theme that I can install via Cydia. I want something based off of the Green Lantern movie/comic and I have many ideas. I am more than happy to actually post the ideas that I want, pictures or images I want for various things, and give details on where I want them here. It will take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks but I know what I want and I know I am no master at creating things, especially when it comes to photoshop or anything art related.

Let me know. I will compensate you for your time but only if the final product is what I want. $25.00 sound right?

These are things I know I want edited:

Wallpaper
    Lock screen wallpaper
    Lock screen slider
    Status Bar
    Battery Icon
    Keyboard
    Font
    Dial Pad on the phone

I am sure I am missing stuff though as I am rushing this post so I can go to sleep tonight. If anybody is willing to help that is awesome. I tried using codethemed but it has taken over 3 days so far and my theme isn't on Cydia and when I try to download straight to me phone it is missing icons and other things. Thank you for your time.

2. Real Racing Fan

Real Racing Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I wish
    THE MATRIX
    Welcome to the Touch Arcade communuty :)
    As for your request, if you can get someone to do the images, I will be able to make that into a .deb file, because I can't Photoshop for my life.

3. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    You don't need a .deb file for a winter board theme. Just a folder with a bunch of subfolders inside it. Then name the parent folder GreenLantern.theme. Winterboard will then install the theme in the appropriate places.

As for designing I can do tht. I was a theme designer back in the day but never published anything. Um, If you wanna PM me we can discuss the specifics. I have a few ideas I've wanted to try but never got the chance too.

A few questions beforehand;

Is it a paid theme?
    How much are you considering selling it for if the above is a yes?
    Will there be a payment for services rendered if the above two are true?
    Will the theme be complete? What I mean is will the theme need to cover the entirety of the idevice? Music PLayer, Loading Screens, SBSettings Theme? etc.

4. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Q) Is it a paid them?

No, at least for me it is not a paid theme. You have my permission though, to claim and sell the theme or do with it as you please. I honestly just want an awesome Green Lantern theme and I believe I have many cool ideas, I just do not have the skills to make it work.

Q) Will there be a payment for services rendered?

After the initial launch of the theme, I will continue to pay you, in smaller chunks, if I want something added or tweaked to the theme. This means that as we work together over the next few weeks we will eventually reach a completed state. Once we agree it is complete, you will get $25.00 USD. Lets say two months later I find out something else I want added or find a cooler icon to make something look better, if you add it in for me I will give you a dollar here or there depending on how big the request is.

I like to compensate people for their help even if they expect nothing in return.

Will the theme ever be complete?

It will. Like I said, I know there are things we can theme that shouldn't be that difficult but other things may take longer. Not everything, initially, will need to be themed to get the payment. We can discuss the rest of the details in PM and I can pretty much give you an idea or a picture for almost every single thing I want themed to make it easier and more streamlined.

In the end, you can make $25.00 for your spare time here, and then you are allowed to load it up into Cydia and get even more for it. A lot of people waste time making themes for Cydia, make it paid, and never get a cent. You get a promise up front that you will get some money, and if it turns out how I want, other people will want this theme for sure as well and make you even more.

Thank you for your time.

5. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    Here are some things to start. The picture with multiple green lanterns will be for the lock screen. The other picture is for the regular screen wallpapers.

Later tonight once my baby goes to sleep I will show some ideas for icons as well as various other things but I just don't have time right now.

Attached Files:

6. Varking

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    #6 Varking, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  7. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    In all honesty and for sheer simplicity and time sake, I think that clear icons with a green glowing border would be good looking. I have talked with a few buddies of mine who dable in graphic design and they are gonna see if they cannot shoot me some ideas later on. I emailed you back so...thats that.