Alchemize --> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Agas, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011

Alchemize by Schiau

Featured in Guinness World Records Gamers Edition (2011)
    Featured in "What's Hot" on iTunes App Store Worl…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Featured in Guinness World Records Gamers Edition (2011)
    Featured in "What's Hot" on iTunes App Store Worldwide (2009/2013)
    5 stars - "Were confident in saying that we've found puzzling "gold" - AppSmile (2009)
    4 stars - EDITORS' CHOICE "Brilliant" - TouchGen (2009)
    "A different kind of matching puzzler" - TouchArcade (2009)
    "This game is excellent." - Gear Diary (2009)
    "I cant recommend this game any more highly!" - Mobile Tech Review (2009)
    "Alchemize is an addictive new take on an old favorite" - Touch Reviews (2009)

PLAY LIKE THIS
    Match 3 or more elements to discover a new one.

YOU GET
    • 8 Game Modes (Ranging from 1 minute to 24+ hours of gameplay per game mode)
    • 30 elements to combine
    • 8 power-ups
    • Stunning graphics & Effects
    • Game Center
    • Universal app

Learn to pronounce Schiau:
    'Schi' as in 'Ski' (the sport) + 'au' as in 'auch' (only the sound from au)
    Repeat this two together as fast as possible. You got it.

For more information or support, please visit www.schiau.co or email us at [email protected]
    Published and developed by Schiau (www.schiau.co).
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Aug 22, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    $1.99 to remove ads...

3. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011

CashMachine

GreenMines Games
    The return of CashMachine, the previous version had been downloaded by over a million players! In this new version you…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The return of CashMachine, the previous version had been downloaded by over a million players! In this new version you will find: - new HD Retina graphics for both iPhone and iPad - new original game modes: "Flash" mode to start a game very quickly with lines already present and "Magnetic" mode which sticks all the columns to the right of the screen. - An integration of scores in GameCenter - The game board goes from 7 lines to 8. - The total number of objects increases from 12 to 14 for an even greater challenge! Small reminder for those who do not know the game: CashMachine is a game with a very simple principle but with an almost unlimited lifespan. You must eliminate identical objects by grouping them by three or more. But what's really innovative about CashMachine is that every time you eliminate a group of items, they turn into a different item of greater value. For example if you put together three silver pieces, they will turn into one gold piece. If you put together three gold coins they will turn into a banknote and so on. Thus, the more you progress in the game, the more the type of different objects in play increases. This results in a very progressive but very real difficulty after several minutes of play. Find us on Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/mycashmachine
    Information
    Seller:GreenMines Games
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Sep 12, 2009
    Updated:Jul 07, 2021
    Version:2.53
    Size:218.5 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Same gameplay but better, more intuitive, smaller file, and fully free. Highly recommended if you are interested in Alchemize.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lmao!!! Thank you chess!!! You're going to be the new "go get this, it's the free version of this paid game" guy!! =oD

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Alchemize is actually better in my opinion, but Chess is entitled to his opinion. Basically, Alchemize is a more complex, bigger, nicer looking version of Cash Machine.

Because more complex is not always better, its a vanilla/chocolate ice cream debate, and neither Chess nor I can be "right".

But Cash Machine is indisputably free, and I do not like the developer of Alchemize, so I can hardly disagree with his recommendation to try that first.

6. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I personally prefer Alchemize too since I find it more polished and have much more gameplay. Since both are free, you can download both of them and choose the one that you like.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    OK, I'll admit I'm biased - I beta tested Cash Machine waaay back.

Don't support Schiau - he hosed purchasers by going free + ads, even though there's a free version of the game (which was removed once, I think)

And - just look at this mess:

[​IMG]

8. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Couldn't agree more. Too bad, it's a good game though.
    But then again, I never paid for IAP that removes ads since I don't like IAP (except for expansions IAP).
    Well, maybe other developer can create new polished, more contents, and maybe with some twist for this kind of match-3 games. It will be awesome !!!!
    :)

9. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Yeah, I shouldn't have said "better". My issues with Alchemize are 1) I don't find anything about the combining of elements the least bit intuitive, but I immidiately picked up the order of operations in Cash Machine (coins to bills to bags to chests to bars), and 2) I'm mildly colorblind, and I get pretty frustrated with the colors in Alchemize.

I'll give you that it's prettier and slightly more complex, but I appreciate the simplicity of Cash Machine.

Anyway, they're both free right now, so try em both and decide for yourself! :)

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Well, as I understand it, its not really a free game since the iads are very intrusive and appear all through the game. So its really a 1.99 game. Its worth 1.99 though, if you like Cash Machine. Obviously, folks should start with cash machine.

I think the developer is dirty too, but its a good game.

11. CrashingBore

CrashingBore Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Germany
    I used to love alchemize when i bought it when it first came out (5 bucks i guess).
    can't believe that after the last update they force me to pay to remove the ads in a game i paid for when it was released in the first place.

just sent them an email - excited if schiau will answer and what they have to say. don't get me wrong: i gladly paid the 5 bucks because i really enjoyed the game - but forcing early adopters to pay to get rid of apps in a paid game is wrong on so many levels that i can't even count.

as long as i don't get an answer to my mail that developer is dead to me... and i urge everyone to think about such company policies before even getting the free version.
    and everyone who paid for the full version should express their disappointment via email [email protected] - the more the better!

i'm still disgusted...

12. CrashingBore

Jun 23, 2009
    Germany
    #12 CrashingBore, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
    post removed on schiaus demand because of 'non-disclosure information'. sorry, but not in the mood for legal action.

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    That is a truly funny response. Under their logic, removing 1/2 the levels you paid for (or half the game modes you paid for) and making that half an IAP would be perfectly fine, because they never said they wouldnt. Under their logic, after you paid to remove the first set of ads, they could ad a new-fangled ad scheme because they never said they wouldnt.

I dont actually play the game anymore, as I reached the limit of my strategic ability and couldnt get better, so I dont really care, but its still wildly unethical.

14. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    I read your original post and don't understand why you had to remove it. There didn't appear to be anything particularly inflammatory about it...so much for free speech, I guess.

But anyway, does this mean Schiau is actually reading this thread?
    If so, where's their snarky response?
    As another person who paid good money for Alchemize, i'd really like to hear their rationale for putting ads in a game I paid for. :mad:

Oh...and by the way...I AM in the US. I'm sure you already guessed that, since people in the US are apparently the only ones who are perturbed by Alchemize's "update." :rolleyes:

15. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Sounds like a really great customer experience! Good to hear.

/sarcasm

16. CrashingBore

Jun 23, 2009
    Germany
    they told me the information they gave me was under non-disclosure, if i would not remove it they could take legal action against me.

i gave up on alchemize now, can't get myself to play a game if i know the developer doesn't really care about customers who supported them.

but thanks anyway for understanding - it feels good to know that i'm not the only one who thinks they messed this thing up...

17. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    I've been playing this a bit, and now that I'm getting used to the order of operations, I'm appreciating it more. The power-ups add a bit to the gameplay that gives it some depth beyond Cash Machine. I still prefer the simplicity and short games in Cash Machine, but this is actually very good.

However, I made the mistake of playing it while my device was online, and those ads are obnoxious. Strongly recommend only playing in airplane mode, and whatever you do, don't give these guys a penny.