SpellGrid+ for all word game lovers [promo codes]

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by spellgrid, Oct 1, 2013.

1. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hi all word game lovers!

I have some promo codes for SpellGrid+ to give away. Just reply here and I will send a code your way (until I run out).

Please also follow @spellgrid on Twitter (some promo codes will be posted there at different times).

Thanks!

=====

SpellGrid is a solitaire strategic word building game that fuses anagrams with crossword building.

A game of SpellGrid starts with a single word which has no repeated letters. For example, SCHOLAR, DISCOVER, and AWESTRUCK are valid starting words (for 7, 8, and 9 letter grids respectively). You then clone and arrange one or more letters to form additional words, joined together in an ever expanding grid.

It is like Scrabble on an infinite board... without the luck factor - there is no drawing of tiles; you get the same letters to play with every turn, so it comes down to strategy (placement) and skill (vocabulary).

Here is an example (grid started from the word ONSTAGE):

[​IMG]

=====

SpellGrid (universal) is free to download (comes with ads, and QuickPlay for 7 letter grids only)

SpellGrid+ (universal) is ad-free and provides QuickPlay for 7, 8 and 9 letter grids

Any feedback, reviews, ratings, ideas, opinions, etc. are welcomed!

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'd love to have one!

3. Bartow

Bartow Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    I would like one code

4. geniecivil

geniecivil Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    I'd love to have one

5. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

I want to have one!

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Would love to check this out if you have any codes left! :)

7. nojviad

nojviad Well-Known Member

May 28, 2013
    I'd love a code :)

8. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    It's a word game? Yes, please!

If I'm not late to the smarty party, I would thoroughly enjoy giving this little number a spin... :D

DBC

9. doctorfedora

doctorfedora Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I take Japanese text and make it English text, for
    Kyoto
    Well hey, I would totally be down for a promo code if I'm not too late to the party.

10. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Just got a code, downloaded, and played for a bit...

Impressions:

UI is very well done. The game looks, feels, and sounds quite good.

Gameplay is effortless and really seems to encourage "thinking outside the box." To clarify, your scoring is only dependent on your imagination, spacial relationship skills, and your vocabulary.

You choose a pre-written word, or make up your own, and then "build" a crossword from your initially chosen first word. In the end, you have a gaming field that resembles a crossword or Scrabble board, comprised entirely of letters taken from the initial word. I should note, each letter can be used infinitely.

The ability to play your own music is a bigger BONUS than I had anticipated. After experiencing a random pick (Adele - "Set Fire..."), I can only imagine the possibilities, which brings me to my only real niggle with the game.

If there is a "relaxed" mode, I couldn't find it. If there isn't one, a game like this would benefit DRAMATICALLY from the addition of one.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to a friend who likes word games and was looking for something creative. It's quite well done, and unlike anything I have seen prior.

Thank you so much to the dev for allowing me to check it out! :D

DBC

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    If you still have promo code for SpellGrid+, I'd love one, too.

12. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hi DBC, thanks so much for the feedback! The silence is deafening so far since launch ;-)

With regards to a "relaxed" mode, v1.1.0 for SpellGrid+ will bring an Endless mode for 6 letter grids! There won't be any time limit, so you can take your time and keep expanding the grid forever (automatically saved when you exit to main menu). This feature will be limited to 6 letter grids for now. I am both excited and a little worried about this endless feature - let's see when someone will crash the system with the world's largest grid!

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Thanks for the code! :)

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks for the code. I enjoy this unique twist on the crossword/tiled game. I like how players can pull letters from existing words on the grid. I'd like to see an "undo" button.

Also, the game is buggy on my iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2. When I re-launched the game and viewed my previously completed game, the UI became unresponsive to touch. In fact, I had to close the game three times and relaunch it as many times in order to make it playable. Hope this helps!

15. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    @coledaddy, thanks for the bug report will take a look at ios 7.0.2 to see if I can reproduce it (my ipad 2 is still on 7.0). does it happen for you for every completed grid u try to view, or just one particular one?

16. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Looks fun! I've always enjoyed word games like Scrabble, Text Twist, and Bananagrams. Any chance you have a promo code left?

17. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    As one that enjoys a good word game, I have to say that this is one of the better ones that I have played. Like DBC said, the user interface is nice and clean, I like that. I also enjoy the simple gameplay. It doesn't get too crazy and it's good to relax and play a game such as this. Already recommended to all of my word-game-loving friends and family.

18. spellgrid

spellgrid Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Thanks so much everyone, your feedback is precious ;-)

19. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

Thank you for the code! So far this has been a very fun word game. I like the free flow format of creating new words just by tapping and dragging letters from other words. It's really challenging to keep the momentum going after the easy words are done!

I was a little disappointed that you can't "double score" by changing a word after being places - for example, placing NO, scoring, then making it NOT. I kind of get the point, but now I have to find another place for NO, and that takes precious time to find an open N or O to build off of.

As others have said, I would very much like a mode without a timer. Since I can select my own music (awesome feature) it would prove for a very "zen" experience to just relax and play.

Overall I'm very happy with SpellGrid+! The free version is pretty generous with 7 tile words, but I definitely prefer the 9 letter challenges that this version offers. I'd recommend this game to fans of Scrabble and Bananagrams in a heartbeat!

20. PerpetuallyPerpendicular

Dec 18, 2010
    Disabled Engineering Processor
    Fargo, ND. U.S.A.
    Greetings,
    I am an avid word gameSMITH! And, as I am disabled with an uncurable Chronic Pain Syndrome, due to a failing Autoimmune System, I have TONS OF TIME on my #'s and, when I like the game, LOVE test out and play new-release games for Developers, since most are willing to give me a game for free!
    If you would want the honest opinion from a former EEE Engineer, I will give you a thorough, intelligent, & (most importantly) informative opinion of what I thought of the game, along with any helpful or positive suggestions that I think would increase the playability, popularity, and sales value. Even though I could just buy it for $0.99, I actually love to help honest, imaginative, and motivated Programming Developers, for iOS games. Plus, games that I really enjoy playing, help me to ease the chronic pain I experience, most all of the day & night, so it turns out to be a win-win proposal!
    I have come to know & keep helping a few, really brilliant, kind developers. They have come to be new friends, through email, as I usual long meet their expectations, and then some, as I used to be employed as a Quality Control Engineer in a very large company that made electronic assemblies (as well as many Prototypes that I helped develop thru synergy, communication, & small electronics theory, as well as organizing teams to test them & build them, from blank PCB, to final assembly........

If you feel you can spare a code, I will reply with the best critiquing & advise to help work out bugs, give overall opinion, & advise (if necessary) that would, hopefully, help you generate more interest in the game as well as $$$!

If you have an Apple App Store Code you can spare, I would be happy to "test-drive" your baby!

If you need my email address, it follows: [email protected]

P.S..... I also do crosswords in the local paper, everyday!!!!

Kindest Regards,

Tom Sparks