Will I have to wait a week to possibly get a refund?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by DigitalB33R, Dec 24, 2011.

1. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I was checking out strategy games on the app store and I clicked the top paid apps link, but I saw Carcassonne in the what's hot section so I clicked that instead but iTunes took me to the top paid charts and in the same area where I clicked Carcassonne name was the purchase button for Chess with Friends. So I bought it by accident and requested a refund a few seconds after I this.

I know the App Store is taking 1 week off for app updates and releases. Any chance I can still get my refund or not this week?

thanks

2. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    #2 Magnum0ik, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
    Refund? Do Apple give a refund for accidentally buying a game??? I wouldn't have thought so.

I have done the same in the past (some radio app due to oversensitive touchpad on my laptop) - I force password entry now so I cannot buy anything without entering my password again.

Just think of it that you have given the dev an extra xmas present :)

3. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    Lawl, do a few dollars really matter?

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't know, I asked for refund for IB2 for being unplayable, haven't received a refund yet after 2 weeks... Gonna ask again.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

To make it quick: You won`t see your Money this Year.

Refunds take around three to four Weeks during Holidays. It might even expand if you had ask regular for a Refund with your Account.

Also if you ask it to many Times they will block that Option for you and after that you won`t be able to get even a 1 Cent Refund. Use it wisely!

Is this Shit still not working? I didn`t know that they had ####ed it up that bad this Time :(

6. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    You learn something new. I didn't even realise you could get a refund :eek:

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yes they do. I accidently bought aralon on my second gen ipod before(don't ask why long story) but in the end after about 3 days I saw my 10 dollars back in my account!