Gameloft?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dunhila, Aug 12, 2016.

1. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Anyone have any insider information on that company?Are they still making new titles for mobile devices at all?I know Vivendi bought them recently and I was hoping that they would invest some serious cash into the company and we have faster game development(I was wrong :D).

I have seen their press release kit stating they have a lot of games in development but some have already missed the targeted release schedule,so what exactly is going on in that company?

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

They're working on sequels to each of their main franchises, and an online zombie shooter thingy. There's a TA article and rumors around with leaked conceit art. There's three different asphalt versions being worked on too.

3. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Are there any official dates for any of these games?Because for one of the Asphalt games it said like Q3 2016 if I remember right-shouldn't that mean it will come out by the end of September?It is just that Gameloft doesn't give us any news,they don't even have a PR guy to answer question on twitter anymore.

I really want to see new games from them especially ones with high graphical quality to take advantage of high end smartphones :)

4. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    The Gameloft guy here got chased away/left TA alone after a bit. Dunno what exactly happened.

5. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Was he Ryan?If it is him,he quit Gameloft like a couple of months ago.

6. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ah. That explains it.
    He was nice fellow, responding to pms and answering questions.

7. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Yep,he was the coolest PR person I have ever talked to.
    It is a real shame he isn't working for Gameloft anymore,he knew how to handle the presenting of information from the company to the consumer.Very good at his job and a friendly person.

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    They announced on Twitter they won't make any Premium games any more and the future would be Freemium only. So i removed their name "Gameloft" out of my mind forever.

9. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Oh..that is some very bad news.I guess they were not turning a profit which led to the buy from Vivendi.
    If they wont make preemium games then they are off my list too.

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    They have stopped premium for a long time now, no?

Also, never was a fan of their work, but at last they have tried to push mobile power on early scenario, which deserve respect.

11. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    To be honest even MC5 at first was a premium title,then it went F2P so they haven't stopped doing premium for such a long time.

12. Anonomation

That was 2 years ago.

13. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Modern Combat 5 was actually a premium game for a long time,it didn't go F2P like a month after launch.It went F2P in 2015 if I remember right,so it should be around 1 year now and it isn't that much mostly because Gameloft didn't launch many new AAA games during that time.

14. Anonomation

Even still, Modern Combat has always been low key freemuim after the first few updates.

15. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Well actually the second MC5 update made it F2P and that came out in 2015,it was a spring update,so yeah..the transition from updates to F2P was fast but still the game was premium for a long time.

Wish they actually release Asphalt Xtreme this month.There has been a new hint in Asphalt 8 that Xtreme is official so all we have to do now is wait.Really want to play the game as soon as possible cause they are saying it will have some graphical improvements and it will be OFF-ROAD style,so it will be fun even if F2P.

16. Anonomation

I'm interested in seeing whether or not the three titles perform and handle differently according to the style of racing.