game-sounds.com - Music and Sound Design for video games

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by GeorgeV, May 21, 2012.

1. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Member

May 21, 2012
    Greetings, fellows of the TouchArcade forums. I am George Vlad, passionate musician/sound designer and avid gamer. I have been working with sound for the past 8 years, and this year I founded game-sounds.com.

game-sounds.com is a platform that offers audio development for video games. We write music, design sound effects, record/edit/master voice over, and we do a lot of experimental work with sound. We cover numerous areas of expertise and countless genres, and we are obsessed with quality, to say the least.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here telling you that audio is important for video games. Nowadays video game soundtracks are played in Philharmonic Halls with live orchestras, and connoisseurs appreciate that stuff. The days of 8bit sound effects are way behind, and it's not uncommon for sound teams to work as much as programming teams just to get that perfect sound.

So I'm here offering full audio development for the video games you are working on. No matter what stage your project is in, no matter what size your project is, we can step in and assess the situation asap. We can then provide a detailed plan for the development of the audio, and we will offer full support until the project is complete to your utter satisfaction.

At this point, you obviously want to listen to some work samples. By visiting our website you can check out our music showreel for this year. Sound effects are a bit more difficult to put in a showreel, so we are currently in the recording stage of building some libraries to give away for free. I will update this post when these libraries will be ready, and this shouldn't be too far into the future.

Any questions, suggestions, love/hate mail can be directed to contact [at] game-sounds [dot] com. We appreciate your input and there's always someone ready to listen to you. Get in touch with us and let us know what you are working or planning to work on. We look forward to hearing from you.

George V.
    Founder of game-sounds.com

2. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Member

May 21, 2012
    We finally got round to mastering and uploading 10 royalty free songs to the game-sounds.com website, ranging from 8bit and playful music to action and epic orchestral scores. And what better way to celebrate this than a special offer?

For a limited time only we offer 3 royalty free music tracks for the price of 2! This offer will expire on July 15th, so be sure to grab whatever music you like/need for your project now. In the mean time we got our hands and ears busy mastering more tracks to be added to our collection.

This is no marketing scheme or anything of the sort. The gross of our revenue still comes from writing bespoke music and designing sound effects, and this is just a way to show that we care about the indie devs out there as well.

To check out our Royalty Free Music section go to http://game-sounds.com/royalty-free-music/
    If you want to order just shoot us an email at [email protected] and let us know which tracks you want. We will get back to you asap.

3. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Member

May 21, 2012
    Hey guys, you've got only two more days to take advantage of the 3 for the price of 2 special offer on the game-sounds.com Royalty Free Music section. So be sure to grab yours before Sunday: http://game-sounds.com/royalty-free-music/

Once this offer ends we will get back to the usual prices. But we have another offer for you devs out there, and we'll announce it on Monday. So watch this space and our website.

4. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Member

May 21, 2012
    Dear devs,

The special Royalty Free Music offer on our website ended yesterday, but you can still order the tracks at $20 each, which is actually not a bad deal.

However, as promised, here we are offering free stuff! As per your feedback, we designed a set of 10 drones. These can be used in mystery, horror, survival or any other dark video games and they are guaranteed to enhance immersion and suspension of disbelief. The first five are one shot samples, while the other five are loopable. You can listen to a preview mix of these 10 drones here: http://soundcloud.com/georgevlad/free-drones

To order a free set of these 10 drones you just have to email us at [email protected]. You will get them in less than 12 hours. (We respect your privacy, and your email addresses will be safe with us.)