Interested in working with a medic on a medical/educational app?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Yixian, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Yixian

Yixian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Medical Student
    Europe
    Hi guys, this isn't re an gaming app but a medical/educational one! Hope it's ok to post here anyway, I know the dev community here is very strong.

My name's CiarĂ¡n, I'm a 3rd year medic at Peninsula Medical School own in the south west of the UK. In our 4th year we do a project on "Doctors as Teachers" and it requires creating a teaching aid of some kind, then writing it up.

I'm looking for a someone adept at iOS programming that might want to collaborate with me on this project, so that it might benefit both of our careers!

I'm looking to create an iPad app teaching medical students/doctors how to identify various tropical diseases via. microscopy. eg. a medical student on an elective somewhere is working in a small clinic, patients comes in with a fever, he/she takes a quick blood sample, chucks it on a slide and pops it under the microscope and can compare what they see to reference images/videos/descriptions on the app. Below would be an example of a particular subtype of malaria (the difference can be quite subtle so some kind of reference and description about what you're looking for is incredibly useful)

[​IMG]

The idea would be I would source all the content, write all the entries (which will be referenced to journal articles an whatnot) and you would design an application to present this information.

Sorry for the long post, but that's the idea in a nutshell! If anyone is interested please get in touch! There's no rush on this, I'm looking at a timescale of up to 12 months to finish it!

2. stonery

stonery Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Editor
    Neverland
    this is sick...jk. It's awesome idea:D;)

3. Yixian

Yixian Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Medical Student
    Europe
    Just wanted to add that you could have plenty of freedom in the design! It could be anything from a textbook to an interactive microscope!