Point and Click adventure

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bmltavares, Jul 27, 2014.

1. bmltavares

bmltavares New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Hello everyone. My first post here, thanks for all the help in advance.

I would like to find a great point and click adventure for my iPad Air, much like the ones from the old days. Broken Sword, etc, but with nice HD graphics and great plot.

I've been checking Broken Sword 5, but the reviews are mixed and I feel a little lost about any others.
    Also some Telltale titles, like Wolf Among US ( I dislike Walking Dead franchise), seem interesting, but expensive, and above all, they seem like glorified graphic novels, with little thinking to do, just conversations.

Can I get some recommendations for the best point and clicks on iPad? What are considered the best nowadays?
    Thanks

2. Siddry

Siddry Member

Oct 4, 2012
    You really should try Broken Age. The first part of the game is out already and the second part will come at the end of the year probably as a free update. It was a very successful kickstarter project.

3. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #3 TheOutlander, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    Lost Echo it's a quite underrated game, it's not that hard but quite lengty (took me around 8 hours to finish it) and slow paced, looks beautiful (with the exception of the characters) and has a quite nice sense of humor, you may want to check it out, I belive it costs 2 or 3 dollars if I recall correctly.
    BTW: Welcome to the TA forums! :)
    Edit: Totaly forgot of Silent Age, it's free and quite short but thrust me, you'll love it!

4. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Um... Broken Sword 1 and 2 are both available, remastered, and excellent on iOS.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My favorites on iOS are Lost Echo, Yesterday, The Walking Dead and Year Walk

6. The iPad is the perfect platform for those types of game. But i think the visual novel Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick are the best on AppStore.

7. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    The recent release "Secret Files: Tunguska" is one option that comes to mind. I'm a fan of these games as well and you should check out "A Darker Shade of Red" and "The Journey Down."

8. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Botanicula is gorgeous and whimsical, excellent game

I'm a sci fi fan, so my favorite is Gemini Rue

9. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
    It's been out a while, but I'd go with 'Machinarium' by Amanita Design.

10. ortolan

ortolan Active Member

May 17, 2014
  11. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow