New physics puzzle game Pick-A-Pig by Dynamic Pixels

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dynamic_girl, May 27, 2011.

1. Dynamic_girl

Dynamic_girl Active Member

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    #1 Dynamic_girl, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
    Hello from Moscow!

Here at Dynamic Pixels we're currently testing our new physics-based puzzle game for iPhone and iPad, called Pick-A-Pig.

The game revolves around a small rubber pig that's lost and lonely at the bottom of its toy box (everybody say "Awwww!" ;-) ). Your job will be to help it climb out. Although Pick-A-Pig is a cute game, with lovely cartoony graphics, it's built on a powerful physics engine that allows you to set the trajectory of your elastic hog, and the power of its bounce, and then send it ricocheting around the screen.

You've to avoid a host of obstacles as you bounce around the platforms, figuring out how to solve the puzzle presented by each level of the toy box. There's loads more to tell you about Pick-A-Pig as we get closer to the launch date, but for now we'd like you to take a look at our teaser trailer and tell us what you think.

We're really excited about Pick-A-Pig, and early reactions from our testers have suggested it's a strong contender for the other physics games out there, like Angry Birds and Tiny Wings. Hopefully we'll get a preview to the guys here at TouchArcade very soon so you can learn a bit more about it, and we'll launch some promo code contests as the release date gets closer.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy our bouncing bacon and pork-propelled puzzling in the Pick-A-Pig trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F0DI-twAAM

We'll be very glad to see your comments!

2. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Love physics games, and this looks like a good addition to the genre. The puzzle elements look good too - loads of scope for some cleverly designed levels in there. Looking forward to it - when does it come out?

3. Dynamic_girl

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    We love them too. 'Pick a Pig' will be ready in a few days. We can't wait to see it on App Store. Stay tuned!

4. Sokurah

Sokurah New Member

May 15, 2011
    Aww, that looks SO cute...and nicely animated too. Very polished.

This is the sort of game I love, so get it out there. :)

Good luck with.

5. Dynamic_girl

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    Sokurah, thanks a lot, we are just happy to hear it. It is one of our painters who dreamed this character. That's what it began with..
    We will be trying to make the game appear as soon as possible. And in order to still the time before the release I'll be laying out the concept-arts and other details about Pick-A-Pig

6. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Wow, I'm stunned by the animations of the pig. These toony squish and squash effects look so wonderful - of course it all ties nicely into all the environment art - but I just wanna cuddle that creature :D

Awwwwwwwww !

7. Dynamic_girl

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    #8 Dynamic_girl, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Wow, I'm so glad to hear it! : )
    Just imagine that all these squish and squash effects will be accompanied by the funny sounds. We will add them into the next version of ingame-video.
    By the way the name Pick-A-Pig is still up in the air, so if you have any ideas, let me know..

8. Acumen

Acumen Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Kindergarten teacher
    Germany
    Naw, Pick-A-Pig needs to stay. It gives nice feelings like babytalk "Peek-a-boo".
    Definitely keep that !

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    ShaaaweeeeeeeeeT!

10. Dynamic_girl

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    Acumen, agreed! ;-)
    I like your way of thinking...

11. Dynamic_girl

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    #12 Dynamic_girl, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    Ultimo, we'll shaaaweeet soon! Stay tuned, please

12. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Nov 20, 2008
    You should think about releasing a line of Pick-A-Pig toys, like the Angry Birds guys did - sounds like they'd sell pretty well on here!

13. Dynamic_girl

May 27, 2011
    Moscow
    oh, it sounds great! I think we can make Piggy toys not only for a sell, but also for a contest among TA forumers.

14. superfreak

superfreak New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    this game will look amazing on iPad....

15. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Agreed. Will there be an iPad version, as well as iPhone/iPod Touch?

16. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    What a 1st Post!