Towers N Trolls $2.99 - $0.99/HD $4.99 - $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Feb 25, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Looks like Towers N Trolls is our resident 'drop the price within 3 days of release' game this week...

Towers N' Trolls

Ember Entertainment, Inc.
    "It's an addictive, creative game with some lovely aesthetics and challenging levels. If you're anything like me, it'll …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "It's an addictive, creative game with some lovely aesthetics and challenging levels. If you're anything like me, it'll probably steal your soul." - KOTAKU "iPad App of the Week" - GIZMODO "Game of the Month" - iDow.ru -------- Fast paced fantasy tower defense... from the creators of Toy Soldiers and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance! Defend your kingdom from invading troll hordes, with addictive quick-to-learn but difficult-to-master gameplay. Towers N' Trolls combines fast-paced arcade action with quick-thinking strategy. The tower defense genre is updated for 21st Century mobile gaming with nail-biting moments where your fate teeters on a razor's edge. No sitting and waiting for the enemy, they're already at your door - it's up to you to stop them! Towers N' Trolls features beautifully hand-painted environments and playful, light-hearted monsters from the Age of Fantasy. Play across 11 worlds and 65 unique maps, including the Lonely Forest, Fertile Pastures, Snowy Forest, Underworld, Badlands, and the North. -------- WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING "Before playing Towers N' Trolls I could see only the visible light spectrum. Now I can see both ultraviolet and infrared! It's amazing, you should try it!" "When Cyclops invaded my neighborhood, I knew to build Scout Towers immediately... Thank you Towers N' Trolls for saving my family's life. The Johnsons next-door only had Catapults, and perished tragically." "My son was a real problem in school. Since I bought him Towers N' Trolls, his teachers love him and he's earned straight A's!" "What other reason is there to buy an iPhone other than to play Towers N' Trolls?" -------- FEATURES * 65 Levels! * 4 Game Modes! (Story Campaign, Challenge, Open Mode, and Endless Journey) * 11 different worlds across completely different environments! * 10 Enemy types with thousands of frames of animation! * 10 Enemy types with thousands of frames of animation! * 3 Levels of Difficulty! * Unique, Hand Painted Backgrounds! * Randomized loot generation provide countless hours of replayability! * Leaderboards & Achievements! * GameCenter Support! * Outrageous Special Weapons including - Powder Kegs, Mine Fields, and Poison Gas Clouds! -------- EMBER ENTERTAINMENT Visit us at Ember-Entertainment.com Like us at facebook.com/EmberEntertainment Follow us at twitter.com/Ember_Dev
    Information
    Seller:Ember Entertainment, Inc.
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Feb 23, 2012
    Updated:Dec 21, 2017
    Version:2.8
    Size:55.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Towers N' Trolls HD

Ember Entertainment, Inc.
    FREE UPDATE SALE!!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!! "It's an addictive, creative game with some lovely aesthetics and challengin…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    FREE UPDATE SALE!!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!! "It's an addictive, creative game with some lovely aesthetics and challenging levels. If you're anything like me, it'll probably steal your soul." - KOTAKU "iPad App of the Week" - GIZMODO "Game of the Month" - iDow.ru -------- Fast paced fantasy tower defense... from the creators of Toy Soldiers and Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance! Defend your kingdom from invading troll hordes, with addictive quick-to-learn but difficult-to-master gameplay. Towers N' Trolls combines fast-paced arcade action with quick-thinking strategy. The tower defense genre is updated for 21st Century mobile gaming with nail-biting moments where your fate teeters on a razor's edge. No sitting and waiting for the enemy, they're already at your door - it's up to you to stop them! Towers N' Trolls features beautifully hand-painted environments and playful, light-hearted monsters from the Age of Fantasy. Play across 11 worlds and 65 unique maps, including the Lonely Forest, Fertile Pastures, Snowy Forest, Underworld, Badlands, and the North. -------- WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING "Before playing Towers N' Trolls I could see only the visible light spectrum. Now I can see both ultraviolet and infrared! It's amazing, you should try it!" "When Cyclops invaded my neighborhood, I knew to build Scout Towers immediately... Thank you Towers N' Trolls for saving my family's life. The Johnsons next-door only had Catapults, and perished tragically." "My son was a real problem in school. Since I bought him Towers N' Trolls, his teachers love him and he's earned straight A's!" "What other reason is there to buy an iPhone other than to play Towers N' Trolls?" -------- FEATURES * Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)! * 65 Levels! * 4 Game Modes! (Story Campaign, Challenge, Open Mode, and Endless Journey) * 11 different worlds across completely different environments! * 10 Enemy types with thousands of frames of animation! * 3 Levels of Difficulty! * Unique, Hand Painted Backgrounds! * Randomized loot generation provide countless hours of replayability! * Full iPhone & iPad Retina Graphics Support! * Leaderboards & Achievements! * GameCenter Support! * Outrageous Special Weapons including - Powder Kegs, Mine Fields, and Poison Gas Clouds! -------- EMBER ENTERTAINMENT Visit us at Ember-Entertainment.com Like us at facebook.com/EmberEntertainment Follow us at twitter.com/Ember_Dev
    Information
    Seller:Ember Entertainment, Inc.
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Feb 23, 2012
    Updated:Dec 21, 2017
    Version:2.8
    Size:304.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Lolololol. I predicted this.

3. emeyex

emeyex Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Make Games
    Seattle
    Well someone has to be the resident "drop the price within 3 days of release" game. No one else was doing it so we figured we'd step up and represent - take one for the team, that kind of thing.

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Yeah, it's real funny what devs like you are doing to the app store. Way to go.

5. emeyex

emeyex Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Make Games
    Seattle
    Not sure what's so funny about it, really. In all seriousness, we're just trying to find the right price point for our game. It's our first one on iOS, so we're trying to figure this out. We want to recoup our costs so that we can keep making more, which unfortunately on iOS means you MUST be on some front page or close to the front page of some screen of the App Store - so yeah, we have to maximize our exposure as "New and Notable." We consider ourself good devs, but not necessarily the best marketing types, and we're learning as we go... anyway, apparently some of you had a better sense than we did (seeing all the accurate "predictions" at least)... perhaps we should have consulted first?

Sales seem to touch a nerve for some people, but from our perspective, it's just a necessity of doing business. I'll admit that it's easy for devs to overvalue their game relative to the general public, as it's our blood sweat and tears (not to mention our money) that goes into the games. On the other hand, it might be easy for the consumer to forget that, in the case of an un-funded game like ours, prior to release, we haven't received a dime for it... so it seems natural that one would do what they can to make it sell.

Anyway that's my spiel... carry on!

6. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I am a big TD fan and has been waiting for a 99c sales for the HD version and here it is!

However, I will play it mostly on my iphone and by looking at the file size, the HD version is 239Mb while the non HD version is only 24Mb. Obviously, the new iPad retina display contributes to the cause and I can see I no longer want Universal version with this given trend.

7. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

On sale again. Bought the HD version and played it on iPad 3 for an hour or so. It's not a bad TD game. Additional challenge: Some creeps are hurting your towers. So you have enough to do during battles/waves. Building towers, ugrading towers, repairing towers (all this can be done when the game is on pause), collecting precious stones, using the special weapons…

The music is not so my taste but you can switch it off separately and listen to the effect sounds.

And it's pretty forgiving. When you lose a live, you'll get it back soon as a bonus item. Nice retina graphics. It's worth alone the sparkling diamond stars in the menu when you solve a level on "brutal"…

8. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Similar thoughts here.

I don't think it will ever become one of my favorite TD games, but it is quite fun and well worth the 99 cents imo.