Anyone who uses Joystick-It?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Exact-Psience, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just saw this being sold in a local shop earlier, and i was wondering if anyone has some good things to say about it before i buy them.

I googled and found this... http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e75a/

Anyone able to use this yet?

2. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Forgot to mention there are 2 sizes, one for iphone and one for ipads. Nothing for ipad mini, but i think either should work fine.

Looking at the video on the link above, this maybe perfect for static vstick controls.

3. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    No one?

I guess there's still some TOFTTing to do even outside an idevice :D

4. #4 Connector, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    I already have a Gameloft Duo Gamer Joystick, use my iphone as a joystick using joypad, and am in the process of buying an icade core. How many freakin' joysticks must I have? Haha :)

Sigh, some say Dead Trigger is a Tech Demo, but trust me, joysticks on ios are all tech demos. But the joystick you mentioned, does look cool. :)

Attached Files:

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Honestly im a little jealous of your ios setups they look so friggin cool.

Im pretty sure i could go to the city before the week ends so thatll be my chance to buy the joystick-its. I imagine it could be perfect with games with static vsticks, but imvery interested to see how it'd do with dynamic vsticks.

6. frasermorgan

frasermorgan Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't buy it...it barely holds. Unless my thumb is just too strong for it...it just kept popping off for me. Anybody get it to actually stick for more than 10 seconds of gaming?

7. 3n+r0py

3n+r0py Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Philippines
    #7 3n+r0py, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    If that local shop you're referring to is CD-* King, I bought the stick for the iPhone. Looks like it's the same one sold by thinkgeek.

You have to maintain a certain control over the pressure you apply to it, too much and it pops off easy just like frasermorgan said. Not really easy to do with fighting games.

And when applying pressure, the edges (padded with foam) have to touch the screen in order to register a touch - it's a hit or miss sometimes for me, maybe it's something you get used to doing but I don't want to spend time doing that.

It doesn't work for games with dynamic virtual Dpads, only for fixed dpads.

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    How much is it there? I saw it but wasnt able to check for the price.

I might try buying one to see how it fares. As for the popping off, i can be gentle. LOL!

9. 3n+r0py

3n+r0py Active Member

Jan 20, 2013
    Philippines
    Price is around 180php. Yeah you can try being gentle, I pop it off when i'm too excited lol

10. There you go EP, looks like you got your answers, even though they do seem to come out of an adult movie. But let us know. And how goes this compare to the fling joystick, anyone?

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woh... Me likey! Thanks for the info!

12. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, I'm curious about that too. The Fling Joystick got pretty good reviews, as far as I can recall.
    I looked for them in shops in Denmark a while ago, but they don't sell them here, and I didn't really wanted them bad enough to order them over the interwebs.

13. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I have 2 fling js for ipad and they function well enough, but as I really dont have issues with v-sticks and buttons I dont find them as appealing except on dual stick shooters as they make them way more comfy to play on an ipad.

14. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, dual stick shooters was what I wanted them for too. :)
    Ah, well, if they turn up in Danish shops I'll probably buy a set, but I think I'm all set with alternative control methods for the iPad, with my icade's and 8-Bitty controller. The one thing they aren't good at though, is dual stick games. :)

15. And the irony is, I have a Gameloft Duo Gamer joystick which is GREAT for dual sticks cause of the 2 analog pads, but no dual stick shooter support it. Sigh, thought apple was coming out with a joystick, but now I fear to really have ios as a console, you are going to have to have 5 joysticks or something for all styles of play.

16. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, the Gameloft Duo Gamer really looks great, yes I know I dissed it in another thread, but that was 'cause of the extremely limited library of games. :)

If they somehow could make it compatible with iCade games, I might have to add another iOS joystick to my collection.. :D

I don't think you should hold your breath waiting for Apple to develop a joystick for iOS, they are firmly in the mindset that touchscreen doesn't need external controls. It's a miracle of sorts that they allowed the Bluetooth keyboard to work...

17. Yeah, you are right about the game selection for sure, too bad cause I kinda like it better my old xbox controllers cause it is wireless and so light. Works much better than I would have ever thought.

I am getting an icade core soon. So that will be 3 joysticks that work with my ipad hdmi tv console. A Gameloft, Icade, iphone/joypad joystick tech demo. Sigh... But hella fun!!!!!!

Attached Files:

18. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Connector, you should try n apply for a job a sales rep for some tv brand or at least a radioshack and work for them online! I mean, i was positive I didnt wanted to hook my idevices to the tv as I see them as part of my handhelds rather than consoles but after reading so many enthusiastic and positive reactions about it now im positive I need to at least try it, I mean how could I not?

Are there other joysticks besides the duo and the 8 bitty? I may need to dip my toes in all this idevice-console thing.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just bought a Joystick-it, and it works pretty well on games with static vsticks, BUT, it doesnt feel like the game improved with the new joystick.

Works perfectly with Shadowgun, Minigore 2, The Gods and most of the KRPGs i have tested it with.

As long as you wipe your screen clean and make sure the suction cup isnt dusty, the joystick-it sticks fine, and hasnt popped off for me yet.

20. But suction cups go bad usually after time, doesn't that worry you?