Audiosurf!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 8bitgeorge, Mar 18, 2009.

1. 8bitgeorge

8bitgeorge Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Student
    Mexico
    As a huge fan of the indie PC hit Audiosurf, I'm glad to share the news that Dylan Fitterer (developer) is looking into porting the game to the iPhone/iPod touch. Audiosurf is a game that lets you RIDE your songs, and with the new library support in OS 3.0, it's finally doable. Woot!

Directly from theappera.com:

Source

2. AudioSurf is awesome...think it's like $10 on steam. Yes, this would be awesome. Difference between tap tap and ddr and audiosurf is that audiosurf creates the levels in realtime based on beat of the music. Actually it probably parses it first quickly the song then generates the level then starts the game.

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    This is great news. I knew Audiosurf was coming out, but since the release of 3.0, I know this will be awesome.

4. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I can't wait for Audiosurf. It's a fantastic PC game unlike anything you'll ever play.

5. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Sorry for being off-topic, but if audiosurf could be made, then would stepmania be possible.

6. cazure

cazure Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I got it on the Steam holiday sale for two dollars, I think. Am I still playing it today? Nah. Scrolling through my iTunes library (which, mind you, was all encoded in those stupid nonsense titles...I no longer have most of my original music files) was just too annoying. If it came to the iPhone/iPod Touch, though...

Yeah, I'll be watching for it. :D It's a good game, and perhaps better suited to mobile gaming than to a PC.

7. 8bitgeorge

8bitgeorge Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Student
    Mexico
    This. Why listen to my songs if I can surf them, right? Mobile is the way to go, I'm sure Dylan knows.

8. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Oh man. Been waiting on this for a while. Can't wait!

9. sam the lion

sam the lion Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Italy
    I think audiosurf was the first paid download of my life :D
    good news

10. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Hopefully it doesn't lag badly like tap tap does. Rhythm games and twitch games should have no lag otherwise you just can't improve your game. You get any lag on a high BPM trance/techno/hardcore song while playing Ninja Elite? GFG

11. Sierra275

Sierra275 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    nil
    Singapore
    If Audiosurf could be made, then would it be possible for a hypothetical Tap Tap 2 update or Tap Tap 3 to also be able to make use of our music libraries?

12. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    yes. that is the common knowledge. even guitar rock hero or pretty much ANY application now gets to use our own music.

13. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    This is great news, I'm a huge fan and posted in the audiosurf forum at the time of the 3g/app store release and also emailed Dylan to ask if he was going to port it. He said he was looking into it at the time. I'm sure he knows how much money he could make from this if done right so I'm sure it'll be released. Can't wait.

14. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Great news indeed, I too, was hoping Audiosurf would make it to the iPod Touch/iPhone. I was beginning to lose hope!

15. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Haven't tried this yet, but I'm really interested, Sounds like it would work well on the ipod touch.

16. 8bitgeorge

8bitgeorge Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Student
    Mexico
    This. Game should be running perfectly smooth, like on the PC (of course he will tone down visuals, etc.) Tap Tap Revenge is a laggy app.

17. indyraider4

indyraider4 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    so it is phase, crossed with a racing game???

Sounds AWESOME! I can't wait for it!

18. Calls for a video me thinks.

19. Hatteras

Hatteras Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I love this game, I can't wait!

20. Nate5911

Nate5911 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    I'm so happy to hear this. Audiosurf is much much better than Tap Tap. Looking forward to it a lot.