iPad Air Graphics Problem

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by neostar, Nov 3, 2013.

1. neostar

neostar Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    I bought a ipad air 64gb and have a BIG problem.

All may games have low quality, no glare or water effects.

Like dead trigger 2 looks really bad, no glare no water effects nothing.

Please help me, does someone have this problem ?

Some goes for infintity blade 3, my old ipad 4 had better graphics then my new ipad air.

MAYDAY HEEEEEELP!!!'

2. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    The app does not recognise the iPad air as a device so it loads low quality graphics wait for an update and it will be fixed

3. neostar

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Infinity blade 3 and dead trigger does are optimaze for ipad air and iphone 5s so how can that be ? And videos online shows that it looks great on ipad air

4. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    thats your problem because you bought idevice that is not supported by any game yet...wait few months

5. neostar

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    But its weird that is not working on ipad air when its optimaze with infinity blade 3

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    What do you want us to do? I can help... Send me your iPad air :)

7. neostar

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    WOW! Why all the hate, just asking if someome have the same problem or have heard something about it

8. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    for next time dont buy new idevice when they out,better wait few months or year and all games will work great:D

9. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Yeah this is pretty much my tech shopping policy.

10. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah Real Racing 3 is also unplayable. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

11. neostar

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Has someone seen the low graphics on infinity blade 3 too or is it only on mine so far =(

12. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I have them as well .
    Is there a problem with modern combat 4? I think my graphics are not that good...

13. killercow

There's a toggle for the retina display on the option menu. It's still sluggish though even on the Air.

14. This sounds similar to the problem that some of us ipad 3 users had when we upgraded to ios 7.0.0. Our devices weren't recognized, and our ipads were showing non retina even on many games.

Sounds like there are two fixes, one of course that had been mentioned before which is a developer has to fix it through an update.

But ios 7.0.2 fixed those ipad 3 problems, so maybe Apple can fix these ipad air problems with a new ios 7.0.4 (or hopefully, it will be called a more solid ios 7.1).

However the ipad mini 2 retina is not out yet either, so that will probably have some issues too, so there maybe some needed ios 7 fixes for that too.

15. killercow

That was an OS specific problem. Here it's just that the ipad has a specific ID that needs to be entered in the app/game's settings. A simple app update will fix it.

16. Yeah, app updates are always the best, but since many old apps won't ever be updated, and since as you mentioned it seems like an ipad specific id problem (which may or may not affect all ipad airs), maybe Apple can trick some apps to recognize the ipad air as an ipad 4 by different means in an ios 7 update.

Or who knows maybe some of these issues could be a7 processor 64 bit issues too, which would be fixeable under an ios 7 upgrade.

Anyway, probably most of the issues will be fixed in time, wonder if there will be alot more game updates soon cause of the ipad air.

17. neostar

Feb 21, 2010
    SWEDEN
    Im so unhappy with ipad air so far, all games are broken =( i know its a new hardware but game develepers should have access before us so they could fix it before realese.

I hope they fix it soon, but infinity blade should be optimaze becasue it was made for the a7 processor, why does it look CRAP on ipad air ?

18. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Does 2k drive have any issues?

19. Captive

Captive Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I had to reinstall all the games mentioned above then they all worked flawlessly,the only one for me that didnt help with reinstalling was Warhammer which still has really bad slow down.

20. DannyTheElite

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Anyone?