BG 2 or Icewind Dale?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fangbone, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Had my eye on these games for a long time but am kind of put off by how difficult some people say they are. They are currently on sale for $4.99 and I think it's about time to get one. Wondering which you prefer and why. Thanks guys!

2. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Bg2 is superior as a game. It is more of a story driven epic, ice wind is more hack and slash but some people prefer that. Bg2 is arguably the greatest crpg there is.

3. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Bg2 is superior as a game. It is more of a story driven epic, ice wind is more hack and slash but some people prefer that. Bg2 is arguably the greatest crpg there is.
    On phone they aren't perfect though, maybe iPad is different.

4. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks for the reply. Is BG somewhat similar to KOTOR as far as how it is played and how the characters moves are handled?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #5 Exact-Psience, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Very similar in terms of pausing, assigning buffered skills, but they control differently. In KOTOR the choices show right on the targets, while in BG the skills and other specials are part of the bottom GUI.

Movement in KOTOR is vstick, while in BG is similar to top-view strategy games' "select character, select target."

Also, BG2>IWD.

6. Fangbone

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Thanks EP. Guess I'm diving in to BG 2

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Is bg 2 playable on 6+?
    Since I don’t have an ipad

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Word has it, there's a new BG of sorts coming next week. Reported in front page of TA. I'm gonna be dizzy with outstanding quests.