RC Plane 2 - Preview

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrozenPepper, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #1 FrozenPepper, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
    Hi all !

We are completing RC Plane 2 after many month of work, many new game modes, way better controls and physics, great graphics for the planes and scenarios will hopefully provide a great experience .

We have very recently finished implementing the main scenario (we had already completed another smaller scenario for the game) which is huge (immense compared to first RC Plane game ;) ). So attached are some screenshots of the new scenario and some of the planes. (screenshots are from the ipad 1 version of game, expect same detail on 4th generation iphones and ipods touches, game supports 3gs gen to)

We will share more screenshots and videos soon, in the meantime you can find more info here .

Hope you like what you seen.

Update :
    Here is first preview video of Rc PLane 2 in action on a iPad 1

Attached Files:

2. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
  3. LTJCA

LTJCA Member

May 11, 2011
    Looks cool. How many different planes are their going to be?

4. iwolfdad

iwolfdad Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    soho
    beijing
    It's beautiful graphic.
    You nice job

5. TouchHeartRo

TouchHeartRo Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    Awesome. Can't wait.:cool:

6. iwolfdad

iwolfdad Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    soho
    beijing
    See it again.hehe.....
    Nice cloud graphics.

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Very cool.

Wish I had the time to properly beta test.

Might submit my info anyway in case you're short on testers... ;)

8. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Great thanks for feedback and comments !

At the moment we have 14 different Rc planes, but game could ship with more.

Have attached screenshots of the other scenario, and a first look at some of the game modes available.

Attached Files:

9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Looks cool, but is there a controll scheme that doesen't try to simulate that of an RC Plane?

Also, I think the world needs better lighting. And maybe better looking water.

10. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    You can use accelerometer controls if you prefer, using touch controls only for engine power and rudder (basically one of stick disappears).

And thanks for the comment on illumination, we are trying to improve it (especially in the seaside scenario).

Also, here the first video preview for Rc Plane 2 :

11. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Here is a little update :

Beta testing is progressing and most of the game has been polished , plus we are rushing to be able to ship the game with gameCenter leaderboards and achievements !!! (multiplayer duels will come, but later....)

We can't yet speak about a date for release, for if I had to bet it would be in around 2 weeks from now....

Feedback, ideas, comments, impressions are more than welcommed, and great thanks to all the touchArcade community for all the feedback and great criticism it has already provided

12. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Looks amazing. I was a big fan of the first one on iPod. To be honest, it's better than x-plane, even though that costs 13 dollars.

13. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    #13 FrozenPepper, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
    Wow, thanks a lot !
    you will not be disappointed by Rc PLane 2 then that is around 100 times better than the first one !

By the way, i've attached a screenshot showing Rc plane 2 with Game Center achievements implemented !
    (we also have all race track leaderboards on game center !)

Again great thanks for all feedback !

P.S.
    Release is imminent :)

Attached Files:

14. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    YEAH, BABY! That's what I'm talking about! Absolutely blows the first one ouy of the water! I can't wait to get my hands on this! I never liked how the first one controled and the graphics were bland and empty, hardly any choice of planes, etc. This looks incredible!

15. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Great thanks, we have worked hard on new Rc Plane 2 and really hope you will like it a lot

Version 1.0 of RC Plane 2 is finally ready ! We are going through the final round of extensive test on in-app purchases and GameCenter integration, but we should be ready to submit !

To celebrate have prepared an image gallery of all the planes that will be available at launch of game (gallery link).

Have attached some screenshots of the planes, but gallery (17 planes) is available at this link.

Game will ship with 9 different game modes, including an extensive "flight school" section with lessons about 3 and 4ch controls.
    We are currently completing may other game modes that will be included together with other planes in future updates (combat mode didn't made it in version 1 due some more tweaking required....).

Attached Files:

16. Theassassinator

Theassassinator Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    looks awesome! Can't wait to try the different modes!

17. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Great thanks !

We have finally submitted Rc Plane 2 to apple for review ! ! ! !
    And since I had to work on screeshots for the appStore, here are some images from the game, really hope you'll like them

Attached Files:

18. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    This looks absolutely amazing! Hope it gets approved soon!

19. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Huh? IAP? Can you elaborate on that? I don't have much of an issue on IAP if the content is good.

20. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Great Thanks for feedback and comments !

We have received a lot questions about this and have just published a post on "frozenpepper.it" web site about this, here the part about pricing :