NO game! 'Video Downloader Pro' (Universal, works w YouTube) $3.99 > Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Habakuk, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Very useful (not only for music downloads)! Highly recommended! (Although opens mobile YT so max. is 720p.) Very easy and intuitive interface (read the short FAQ).

Downloads a local *.mp4 file. Export iPad Air 2 => MacBook Pro via AirDrop worked fine und very fast here at a test. Export to Camera Roll and E-Mail as well: Menu option "Folder" (center below) > Line with entry > Information-i in blue circle (far right) > "Export to Camera Roll/Send Email". (Two minutes 720p make a file with about 44 Megabyte.)

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks. Been looking for an app like this

had something similar but youtube downloads were blocked in an update. This works great though

3. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    needed something like this, thank you.

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    #4 sapphire_neo, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Does it work with the new api though?

Nope, nothing to download on the current api.

5. Habakuk

Yup. And all of that without any ads.

Would you be so kind and explain what you're meaning with this? What api?! Thx in advance for enlightenment.

I tested this with all kinds of embedded video clips and it just works fine. The export options are great. So even if the app gets pulled by Google or YouTube or some1 else your downloaded videos will remain safe.

psj3809 is right. There were lots of comings and goings, working and not working (mostly after silent YT updates) among iOS YT downloaders. This one is still existing for years now. It seems to be a cat & mouse game between devs and Google (like the game between jailbreak devs and Apple). Can you see how they're avoiding to mention the word YouTube in the official app description? ;-)

6. CookingPie

CookingPie Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Didn't YouTube change their code, which stopped a lot of ios YouTube apps from working and downloading. And if the app was updated by the Dev then apple has forced them to remove the download feature.

I was using instatube which was great until this happened.

I tried this today and cannot seem to download from YouTube.
    Others have been successful ?

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    There was an API update for YouTube in April that stopped the existing downloaders (and mobile clients in general) on iOS from functioning. When using this app if I open up a YouTube video, I get Downloads (0) for the page, and if I long press on the play icon I get the message "saving is prohibited on this site".

8. Habakuk

Well we tried it with iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 1 and iPad Air 2 (all iOS 8.3) and they are all working fine with 'Video Downloader Pro', YouTube, Vimeo & Vevo. Export to Camera Roll/email works. "Open In…" (another app) works.

Thanks. I knew that Google/YouTube updates "secretly" without notice but I didn't know what exactly (and when).

Sorry for you and CookingPie. That leaves me disconcerted. You know that you have to use the app-internal browser, don't you? Please read the FAQ (it's a bookmark inside, see below). There are some hints on using another browser user agent if you can't download (we didn't test that since all went fine).

http://royaldevs.com/tubedl/startpage/en/
    http://royaldevs.com/tubedl/startpage/de/

The only problems we had were with the iPhones where the dialog with the popup (for typing in a name for the download) right after the command "Download this" did't work. But it downloaded anyway (even if the command didn't show up). You can change the default name "videoplayback.mp4" later in the file manager.

9. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I browsed to the video page through the browser and did as they had said, no dice. If it's working for you then post a few screenshots so we can be sure we are on the same page.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Works fine for me with youtube. Very fast downloading

iphone 6 ios 8.2

11. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Working with me, but almost more importantly it also lets you download from Vodlocker.

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

With iPhone user agent
    [​IMG]

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I always play the video and then press the disc icon

Never done what you've tried

Let me know if the disc icon appears when you play the video

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    No disk icon, feel free to post a screenshot of the same.

15. Habakuk

The disk icon is visible at the very first screenshot provided by dev/app description in iTunes. Try to restart the app (first close it carefully in the multitasking area).

16. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I've tried the app numerous times, and even reinstalled it. In any case, I'm not interested enough to troubleshoot it any further. youtube-dl on PC serves my purpose better. It would just have been nice to have something on the iPad that could do it as well.

17. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

What is app of the day?

18. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Oh and having that problem
    Too.

19. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I don't know if the people this is working for are outside of the United States but I am in the US and I definitely can't download from YouTube. Tried all the troubleshooting and I get the same error as displayed in the screenshot.

20. niezam

niezam Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    App Store
    Not working for YouTube grabbing at least for me.

You guys can try the app below, works fine for me, been using it for a while already.

'Search' tab for any YouTube video search. You can set a HD mode in Settings, for 720p download. Many more options once video downloaded. Good luck.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.