Starfall: Ronin (Coming Soon from Pillar 4 Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by khanstruct, Aug 22, 2012.

1. khanstruct

khanstruct Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Originally designed as a flash game called Starfall: Aphelion Squadron, This game had been designed and built in a week for a contest. We had so much fun making it (and playing it), I wanted to redesign it a bit and really give it some of the polish we couldn't afford during the contest.

This led to the new game, Starfall: Ronin. Its a casual, turn-based game of space combat. With more features, better effects and streamlined gameplay, we've optimized the game for mobile and tablet game play. Issue your commands, out-maneuver and out-gun your opponents. Purchase new ships and abilities for your fleet, and upgrade their stats for improved speed, armor, maneuverability, and more!

Endless gameplay scales the combat to suit your growing skills. Advance far enough, and you could be battling the massive enemies, such as the Dreadnaught and the powerful Space Station.

We're currently awaiting approval, but should have the game on the App Store soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    Hm, this is a type of game I think I would prefere over so many of the' popular' ones. Will buy for sure, checking the appstore after I write up this !

3. khanstruct

khanstruct Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Thanks, expleo. I've been having a ton of fun testing it and tweaking things to really maximize the experience. Its designed so that you can play it for a few minutes, set it down and come right back to it. It then has an endless depth of customization, combining different ship abilities with different fleet setups.

We're apparently running into some issues with PayPal approving some payments, so things are being delayed a bit more than we'd like. So, while we wait for our website to be accessible, we're using this time to add as much polish to the game as we can.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

4. expleo

expleo Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Computer Guy
    Norway
    My biggest problems with giving 'thoughts' is that I so much utterly understand the impact from 'the other side'. I try balance my hones opinion with 'price', and what I know it costs the creators in time, passion, and hair-ripping. Anyway, I will give oppinion, of best my ability. Side track, as i took a seccond degree in digital movie making, I am often invited to screenings and opinions of Indies ( I dont know why, what I think should matter jack). If you want a truly hones seccond, I can give it to you, without being blunt, cuel or overly enthusiastic, as well as point to areas of improvement (in my view). I often find people quite incapable of doing so, though. either they have an issue of belief over-sceptical in public, or complete lack of sensitivity to people acualy spending hundreds of hours trying to make the best hey can within the limits of budgets and time.

Anyway, as 100% indie life style, I'll buy your product and review it with the best of my efforts (and according to some, my best of efforts is not always good enough :( )

5. khanstruct

khanstruct Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Giving a quick update; we've finally resolved the issues with PayPal and our webhost, so things are moving forward once again. We are still waiting on a few small issues, but Starfall will be available in September. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it becomes available.

As for price, we will be releasing this first version at an "introductory price" of $0.99. Meanwhile, we are working on some additional features that will be released later as "Elite Content".

At that time, the price will be changed to $1.99, but people who have already bought the game will get these new features for free.

You'll be able to learn more about the Elite Content on our website, once it becomes available.

In the meantime, you can also "Like" our Facebook page to keep up to date on the latest news.

6. khanstruct

khanstruct Member

Aug 22, 2012
    We ran into a few compatibility issues with the new iOS 6, but rest assured that Starfall: Ronin will now work smoothly on all of your favorite devices.

While awaiting for Apple to approve the fixes, please check out a quick gameplay trailer of Starfall Ronin and let me know what you think!

Thanks!