MadFinger- Samurai Vengeance and Samurai WOTW HD -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by syntheticvoid, Jul 2, 2012.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

Samurai 2: Vengeance

Deca Games EOOD
    -== Featured in the Gorgeous Games by Apple !!! ==- -== "Samurai II is a very entertaining title with solid gameplay an…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    -== Featured in the Gorgeous Games by Apple !!! ==- -== "Samurai II is a very entertaining title with solid gameplay and stunning graphics." MacWorld.com ==- The long-awaited sequel to Samurai: Way of the Warrior! While the original got rave reviews for its stylized manga graphics and quick, bloody gameplay, Samurai II delivers even more action and an intuitive new control scheme. SlideToPlay.com - 4/4 Ipadarena.com - 10/10 AppSpy.com - 5/5 MacWorld.com - 4.5/5 AppAdvice.com - 4.5/5 Gamezebo.com - 4.5/5 Touchreviews.net - 4.5/5 Nineoverten.com - 4.5/5 ifanzine 4.5/5 Gamerstemple.com - 90/100 Pixeljumpers.com - 9/10 PocketGamer.co.uk 8/10 Samurai: Way of the Warrior was featured in Best Games of 2009 by Apple – Samurai II is a true successor, aided by over a year of focused development. Overall production values and vicious action put Samurai II on par with console 3D brawlers. Screenshots don’t do Samurai II justice – the fluid action has to be seen running at 60 frames per second on the Retina display or popping off the iPad screen. But looks alone won’t carry a game – the developers listened to fan feedback and improved gameplay throughout. With a new virtual d-pad, dynamic camera, environmental puzzles, traps, and vicious new enemies, Samurai II is brand new experience for hack ‘n’ slash gamers on the go. Samurai II sends Daisuke on a quest for revenge across the war-scorched countryside. From a seafaring village to a flying fortress to the legendary Isle of the Dead, the samurai will stop at nothing to hunt down his arch-enemy Orochi. Will he get his Vengeance? FEATURES: * Intuitive virtual joystick ensures you’re slicing up baddies, not swiping the screen. * Dynamic camera finds the best perspective for each encounter, adding variety while keeping focused on the action. * Tense, quick and gory battle sequences! - Battle hordes of on-screen enemies wielding new weapons and sporting unique abilities. - Stay nimble and plan your attacks – roll out of harm’s way and eliminate ranged enemies like the Samurai Archer before they can strike. * Improved gameplay includes new features. - Solve environmental puzzles, avoid dangerous traps, and discover useful items. - The fight is on - not to worry, the combat never takes a back seat to platforming or fetch-quests. * RPG elements reward skilled players – upgrade the Samurai’s health, buy new attack combos and upgrade them to devastating levels. * Between levels, gorgeous anime-style comic panels tell the samurai’s tale with original hand-drawn artwork. * New survival mode pits the samurai against waves of enemies, giving hardcore players a score-attack mode to hone their skills. Two games in one! * Advanced AI system on par with console games. Goal Oriented Action Planning architecture is used in many PC and console games. * Apple Game Center support, including Leaderboards and Achievements. *Support iCloud to transfer save between various devices *Support MFI Controllers (Gamepads) * Original soundtrack – in classic samurai movie style, soft music builds with the heat of battle. Special Thanks To : ImNoSuperMan, PureSkill, Squarezero, Rocco, eggzbacon, Prab
    Information
    Seller:Deca Games EOOD
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Oct 21, 2010
    Updated:Apr 05, 2023
    Version:1.5.0
    Size:157.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Samurai: Way of the Warrior HD

MADFINGER Games, a.s.
    ☞ SAMURAI II: Vengeance is coming on 21st October ☜ ★ "Samurai is absolutely gorgeous. Not only is it a stunner, but the…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ☞ SAMURAI II: Vengeance is coming on 21st October ☜ ★ "Samurai is absolutely gorgeous. Not only is it a stunner, but the combat is perfectly paced and a lot of fun to experiment with as you discover the best combos." 8/10 - ign.com ★ "it's a clear example of how cool the iPad could be." - gizmodo.com ★ "best looking apps you can find for the 9.7” screen" - appadvice.com ★ "It is a truly beautiful masterpiece worthy of finding a home on your iPad." - appmodo/ipadmodo.com ★ Multiple award-winning Samurai: Way of the Warrior for iPhone and iPod arrived on IPad finally. ☛ ☛ SPECIAL INTRODUCING PRICE: SAVE ALMOST 40% ☚ ☚ Features in Best Games of 2009 by Apple; Best App Ever Awards 2009 - Best Game Graphics Honorable Mention Award from 148Apps; and number 16 in the Top 100 iPhone Games of All Time from AppAdvice. Samurai is absolutely gorgeous. Not only is it a stunner, but the combat is perfectly paced and a lot of fun to experiment with as you discover the best combos. 8/10 - ign.com it's a clear example of how cool the iPad could be. - gizmodo.com best looking apps you can find for the 9.7” screen - appadvice.com It is a truly beautiful masterpiece worthy of finding a home on your iPad. - appmodo/ipadmodo.com As renowned as the iPhone version is for its stylized manga-like graphics and its bloody gameplay, the HD version takes all the virtues of the original and improves upon them. Carefully crafted comics establish and maintain the story line between battles, lending the action increased drama. The goal of the game is to kill all the enemies in a particular setting, so as to unlock the gate and proceed on to the next stage. The player controls the Samurai with his finger on the touch-screen, moving him in all four directions. Defensively, the player swipes their finger left, right, or up to evade an enemy attack. Swiping in this way over the enemy controls the player's attack. Successfully combining swipes activates powerful combination attacks. Gameplay is set in the midst of the Japanese Sengoku period, and the player is Daisuke Shimada, a wandering Samurai. It is the most dangerous of times, and Daisuke must ultimately face the evil Daimyo Hattoro, who has spread fear and terror throughout the countryside. Many battles must be won before meeting Daimyo, and Daisuke does battle with enemies in many villages throughout feudal 16th century Japan. There are a great variety of settings in which battles are fought, and highly detailed foliage, bridges, arenas, houses, statues, streets, etc. The game is played from an overhead point of view and both graphics and movement are highly realistic within the stylized motif of the action. • First hack and slash game developed specifically to leverage the iPAD touch screen. • Deadly Dojo only for iPad !!! • No more virtual joysticks or gamepads, only your finger and touchscreen. • Visit several unique environments in the Japan in a feudal 16th century setting. • Unlock all combo attacks and master your skills. • Never before seen comics storytelling • Special Dojo mode. Fight in the arena sparing enemies in the rounds. • Online leaderboards • Facebook and Twitter integration • Friends lists • Persistent player profile • Original movie like soundtrack. • And much more... Recommended for fans of hack 'n slash games as Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, God of War or Heavenly Sword Gameplay video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-a1aQi9Llk How To Play video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg2lgWtoUuY AGON Online by Aptocore, for more info on AGON Online please visit: http://agon-online.com Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/MadFingerGames Follow us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Samurai-Way-of-the-Warrior/127648768229
    Information
    Seller:MADFINGER Games, a.s.
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jul 01, 2010
    Updated:Aug 19, 2010
    Version:1.10
    Size:57.3 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Both Samurai games are fantastic... though Way of the Warrior has swipe controls, which some may not like... Personally, I prefer the first to Vengeance... might just be me though. =oP​

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Sweet! I've been wanting Samurai II to see how the virtual controls work as opposed to the swipe controls in WOTW (which were great, IMO)

3. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Never been the biggest fan of virtual controls, but I own both games and I have to say, the second is much, much better because of the virtual controls. They use an auto-targeting system, a la Ninja Gaiden, that just makes everything flow a lot better. It's a fun brawler and an absolutely gorgeous game. As much as people rave about Dead Trigger (which I'm loving, by the way) and Shadow Gun, I still think Samurai II is one of the best looking games on iOS.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Psience agrees. :)

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Thanks! I'm gonna buy it for sure now! :)

6. Me too!!! Going to stock up on all these July 4th sale games...

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yup yup! I love the holidays! xD

8. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    What's the difference between Samurai II: Dojo and S II: Vengeance?

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Dojo only contains Dojo mode, while Vengeance contains the Story/Campaign Mode and Dojo Mode...

Dojo is pretty much a survival mode

10. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Thanks, I guess I can delete dojo then.

11. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Oh alright thanks! xD
    I got confused because the description in Dojo says "full game for free", lol.

12. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I have always loved Dojo, and I'm not sure why I never bought the full version. Oh well, I've fixed that problem now! :D

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Cant agree more! Both of these game are truly incredible! And visually they are both stunning, but the second one takes it to another level. Top drawer dudes!