B-BOY BEATS - Official Launch Thread - Feb 14th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Paul@Tag, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    #1 Paul@Tag, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
    [​IMG]

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know about our awesome Hip Hop inspired rhythm action game B-Boy Beats. It's due for release on the 14th February and we think it's gonna kick some serious a$$!!

If you like Tap Tap or Rock Band but get bored by the bland game-play and dull music selection then B-Boy Beats is for you.

Featuring 17 great Hip Hop tracks from up and coming underground artists, unique game-play where your finger become virtual legs and 10 slick breakdancing moves to learn you'll bound to have a good time. Unless you suck that is!

Here's the preview video and some screens...

[​IMG]

2. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
  3. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I get repetitive strain injury just looking at this one. Looks mental, not a big hiphop fan though. Can I play my own music ??? :confused::eek::p

4. Paul@Tag

Paul@Tag Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Scotland, UK
    Just in case you were wondering that movie isnt recorded in real time!! :D

There isnt a play own music option in this first version. We wanted to make sure each 'level' was designed for the best game-play possible and that just isnt possible with proceedurely generated levels.

A free play option where you can make up your own moves/routine to your own music would be cool for future updates. As ever we'd love to hear your ideas!

P

PS you can follow news on the final stages of the game development and be in with a chance to win promo codes by following us on Twitter

http://www.twitter.com/taggames

5. wonderlandy

wonderlandy New Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Darn, this is kooool :p

6. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Yep, it looks real cool, I think I'll just have to get used to the music. Haven't listened to hip-hop since 1984! I liked rock-band lite, but I'm not too mad about the music selection. This one seems to have gameplay that's unique enough to win me over. I liked the music in CJS, so I hope this will have quality too.

7. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    it should have been, it kind of makes the game look foolish and doesn't give anyone a good sense of how fast the gameplay is.

8. Will_Mobile_Pie

Will_Mobile_Pie Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Creative Producer @ Mobile Pie
    Bristol, UK
    Hey Dogmeat, we'll be getting a straight gameplay demo vid (in normal speed) out in the near future. This is just over double speed, so don't worry it won't be quite that hardcore :D

All though I will warn you that some of the final levels on hard mode are super-fast, but totally awesome.

Also, as someone who isn't a hip hop fan, let me tell you that the music in this is totally awesome - Tag Games have done a superb job of finding the quirkest and funkest upcoming acts out their for us!

9. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Wow! I like it! Haha catchy music and a new gameplay that I haven't really seen before.
    Also, I really liked the loading screen. I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

10. Will_Mobile_Pie

Sep 2, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    We've got approval from Apple and will be launching this very Sunday (Valentine's Day) - we're really excited and hope you guys are going to love this game as much as we do!

Also, for those looking for a more in-depth preview, check out:

11. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    sweet.. cant wait for this.. following on twitter in case you still plan on giving a code out or 2

12. Me4Rpg

Me4Rpg Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    cant wait for this too, looks good. hopefully this can cheer me up, was dissappointed with riddim ribbon

13. Will_Mobile_Pie

Sep 2, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Yeah, do follow @mobilepie and @taggames - there may be a few promo giveaways at some point!

I'm sure it will - the game IS awesome and only ONE day away :D

BTW check out my interview on the game over at AppGamer.net!

14. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    nice unique gameplay ;)
    will it have an instance where you need to do some flares like spinning and tumbling :p

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i love great rhythm games!
    this looks good and it's tomorrow!

16. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I think this looks really good. I will probably give this a go when it is released.

17. Will_Mobile_Pie

Sep 2, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    We did have a flare in, but replaced it with a freeze move which is more fun to do :D Early levels are pretty much simple steps like in the TA preview vid, but later ones have sliding moves - you can do the moonwalk - and then your thumb and ring finger come in for your hands, so you can do some flip style moves!

Just over 24 hours to go before launch - I'm really excited :eek: