How can you review a game from a code?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gamer1st, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    I've run onto this several times now.
    If I try to leave a review for a game that I've gotten with a code, it says that I haven't bought or downloaded the game and can't leave a review for it. It says "open" right next to the title in the store, but it stubbornly refuses to let me rate or review the game.
    Is there a workaround for this, am I doing something wrong, or is it just impossible to do?

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I do t think it's possible to leave reviews on iTunes when the game hasn't been purchased. If it's agame I like then I delete the promo install and purchase the game. I can then support the dev and and also leave a review.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It's not possible to review using a promo code, or else the devs can just claim their own promo codes and put 5-stars on all their reviews.

4. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #4 copaeci, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    No you can't do that too though you have hide the app from your purchased history. I've tried that, it looks like you can buy the game again but actually it's not. I ever do that but Apple never charged my credit card for doing that and it keep saying if you don't own the game. That's why if you want to support the developer, you can gift the app to your family/ friend then ask them to leave reviews or don't use the code and buy the app which you want to support ;)

5. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Was going to say the same thing. You cannot purchase the same game twice on an account, no ifs or buts, and that includes promo code installation.

Only way around it is gifting, or using another account.

6. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Yeah, i got it wrong, just checked the history and , I've used my husbands account to purchase items that I've used a code for, or I've gifted him and thought I'd purchased on mine.
    They let you redeem more than one codes for the same game though as I've done this on mine and my daughters device (she shares my account) so you'd think they'd let you repurchase apps when the original has come from a code.