We want UFO !

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Conan, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Hi !

This is my first post here to ask developers on the forum if one of them plan to release XCOM-UFO game like ? :cool:

I guess a lot of people loved that old strategy game on which we spent so many hours :)

2. Conan

Conan Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Ok so no one wants UFO :(

3. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    This section of the forum is kinda slow, you might have to wait.

4. x0ne

x0ne Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Well I'd be all over a good X-Com UFO port, instant purchase in my book, loved those games!

5. crishnak

crishnak Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Yeah, yeah, yeah! Definitly an instant buy. UFO was the damn best game I´ve ever played and still play from time to time. I´d love to see a port or even better a updated remake, with new techtrees and buidlings. That would be amazing.

Been looking for this for months now. There is a game called PocketUFO for WM-handsets, which is almost an one to one port. Also there are 2 games based on UFO Aftershock and UFO Aftermath (not as great as the original series but still a good piece of entertainment) for J2ME enabled handsets. So what´s missing? Right, the iPhone/iPod Touch. :cool:

6. tinyyolk

tinyyolk Member

Jun 14, 2009
  7. Chalkers123

Chalkers123 Member

Oct 29, 2009
  8. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    If I remind monthes ago, there was several UFO-like games released.

Don't remember their name though.

9. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    UFO, or indeed any game by julian gollop would be an instant purchase :cool:

10. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I'd buy it to as long it was true to the original game. As someone wrote, a remake would be awesome, but not something like aftermath. God i was disapointed of aftermath. Deleted it almost instantly from the PC.

11. Chalkers123

Chalkers123 Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Xcom

We need a faithful port of xcom original!

12. Acidbottle

Acidbottle Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    i did some geeky research and discovered this ..

take two interactive (think rockstar games, GTA, oblivion: edler scrolls and bioshock) have acquired the rights to the X-COM series. irrational games (bioshock) are owned by take two and are working on an unannounced title which is rumoured to be a new X-COM game. assuming china town wars does oki and the rumours are true, perhaps someday new version of UFO will hit the appstore. its a long shot but still! :D

13. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    X-Com would be great.

Heck, I'd even settle for more Laser Squad Nemesis!

14. imusic

imusic Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    I write music for a living.
    Los Angeles, CA.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind just having a straight port a la Wolf3D. I'm assuming it'd be less work for them, and probably a cheaper app as a result. Mind you, I'm certainly a fan of improved graphics (EW Jim, Monkey Isl) but sometimes a "new version" leaves one pining for the original.