iPad HYPER BEAM – A twin touch action arcade game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by staticsteven, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staticsteven

staticsteven Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Hi TouchArcaders!

I've been working on a game called HYPER BEAM on and off for the past year and a half. Recently I partnered with a friend to get some real art, instead of my own crap I was using previously. :D

HYPER BEAM is a two-touch action arcade game for iOS (iPhone only right now) where you control two ships individually (one with each thumb) and try to survive by dodging and destroying enemies using your beam. Evil Each player has its own unique HYPER MODE which makes the destruction even more awesome Check out the "Saw" video for a demo!

I am building the game in Xcode, written in Swift. I'll be trying to also keep a devlog on TIGSource so there will be some cross-posting at times.

In terms of process, I am continuing to add new content (enemies) to the game as well as testing/balancing it. I'll do my best to continually post updates and discussion.

GAMEPLAY VIDEOS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0cy21os55dejt65/hyperbeam1.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzg8ttduktpfh11/hyperbeam2.mp4?dl=0

SAW VIDEO

SCREENSHOTS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll add more videos/screenshots as I update stuff!

Thanks for reading, let me know if you're interested in testing it out!

- Steven

2. staticsteven

staticsteven Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Different Beam Types:

There are 5 different players in the games, each with their own colour, beam-shape, and hyper mode.

Today I'll show the different beams available in the game:

Wave Beam:
    [​IMG]

Zig Zag Beam:
    [​IMG]

Round Beam:
    [​IMG]

Saw Beam:
    [​IMG]

Straight Beam:
    [​IMG]

Each of them has a unique hyper mode which I will share at a later date :) They make them super awesome. Each of them does the same thing in terms of offense and damaging enemies, they just look different.

Straight Beam is the simplest so we are trying to give it an awesome Hyper Mode.

Anyone have any favourites??

- Steven