Why is enviro-bear so good?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Osujxu, May 28, 2010.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I read around everywhere seeing people say that Enviro Bear 2010 is like the best game ever and stuff, but I'm not really seeing any reasons. On the screenshots it looks like a poorly made graphics game and honestly idk what makes the game so good. I realize that i'm probably making a fool of myself, but can somebody please explain to me why I should buy the game?

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I concur. I do not believe it is that good, but if someone has a promocode and wants to convert me, I won't mind.;)

3. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    You're going to receive a bunch of joke answers (mainly from funkynubman) but in essence, the appeal of Enviro-Bear is its silliness, and the fact that the environment is fun to interact with.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The appeal is how unusually entertaining and interactive it is for such a crappy looking game (although personally I find the graphics rather artistic, apparently it was quite difficult intentionally drawing badly). It's not an easy game though... which is appropriate, because y'know... it's a bear driving a car.

5. DJCaseyD

DJCaseyD Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I think it has a a very enthusiastic fan base. It seems like one of those games like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look at, but you can't not look. I've even had thoughts of buying it just to see what the hype was all about, but I can never bring myself to do it.

6. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Well over a million people on the boards like it. Just ask Hodapp.

7. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Very true. Polls have been held and the response has been massive.

8. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Its so funny, one of my favorites of the app store. It has made me laugh more than anything. There are some surprises if you play for a while too.

9. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Fruho: Those were actually not joke answers, but I guess they might seem so to some. Anyway, Enviro-Bear 2010 is great because (seriously now:)

1. Fun interactive environments.

2. You're a bear in an orange car. What else do you want?

3. It's only a dollar.

4. The possibility of a MUSHROOM or the legendary GOLDEN FISH!

5. A really catchy soundtrack that fits so well.

6. Pure comedy, and some easy, nerdy jokes on Toucharcade.

10. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

#10 Aurora, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
    The reason you see those is because apparently some people think they'll appear funny by using super old and completely obsolete jokes. When Enviro-bear was released, people were completely shocked at how poor the game was and how "crazily creative" it was in the sense that nothing made sense in the game. It was "so bad that it was good" basically. Now after many months the joke is over. No Enviro-bear is not the best game ever made for the iDevice, and no it's not worth your time, period.

You call those "serious" answers?
    1. Grabbing fish and other objects is "interactive"? Almost every other $0.99 game in the appstore offers more "interactivity" on your fingers.
    2. Yeah, really serious comment :rolleyes:
    3. It's only a dollar, guess what? So are thousands of other games of better quality
    4. Yup, more seriousness :rolleyes:
    5. Catchy soundtrack? You must not have listened to real music before
    6. What does toucharcade jokes have to do with the game itself? o_O

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    [​IMG]

12. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Why is Enviro-Bear so good? Good? Enviro-Bear GOOD? Are you kidding me? It's a revolution in bear-driving simulation. It's more than good. In fact, Webster's dictionary was so blown away they made a new phrase to describe it: Environmentally Beartastic. If you've ever played it you know why. The cutting-edge graphics, the incredibly interactve and awesome gameplay, the riveting story, the characters are like no other, the sound is SOOOO realistic. Countless game reviewers haven't been able to write a review on it because their head blew up from the intense bear driving action. Not only is it all this, but Jesus hinmself is said to come to your house and congratulate you when you beat the game. This is why everyone loves Enviro-Bear. Buy it. Now.

13. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    A perfect example of professional sarcasm.

14. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Sarcasm? I'm not being sarcastic though. By the way, I just beat the game. Jesus says hello.

15. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

#15 Will090, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
    If you look past the ridiculous visuals, Enviro-Bear is actually not a bad game by any means. There is a ton of interactivity, a fun physics engine, lots of secrets to uncover, the game is challenging, and is pretty much bug free and runs perfectly on all devices. Fans of the game, like myself, are instantly labeled as sarcastic while praising the game due to its crazy premise, MS paint visuals, and controls. However I legitimately enjoy the game, and have gotten way more than a dollars worth out of enjoyment out of the game. You can't hate on a game you've never taken the time to at least try and enjoy, which many haters of the game have not. If you only look at the negatives of the game, of course your going to hate it, but if you look at the positives, which Enviro-Bear has a fair share of, then you can get some real enjoyment out of the game and realize it is simply not another crappy game that was thrown together in a game but is very polished for what it is.

16. hhhh

hhhh Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    United States
    I'm not even going to try to argue - no point in provoking TA's horde of Enviro-Bear worshipers.

17. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    You're such a douchebag.

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Aurora is right - to some degree. However, I think it was all intentional.
    Its like art for art's sake. It doesn't make any sense, but its interesting in that regard. A bear driving a car in the woods...:) Anyway I had some fun with it, my son still plays it from time to time (6 months later)

19. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I have not bought it yet, however it is on my list.

20. Hdsn21

Hdsn21 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Yeah, that's right. The masterminds behind Ravensword is on our side. Don't mess with us.