[SNEAK PEEK] TRIAZZLE coming JULY 17

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Dan Gilbert, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Dan Gilbert

Dan Gilbert Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Artist, Graphic Designer, Game designer
    California
    #1 Dan Gilbert, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    Hey Everyone! I'm Dan Gilbert, the inventor of Triazzle, one of the best selling puzzles of the 90s and now just days away from its iPhone premier! The new game will be released on JULY 17!

Triazzle is different from just about every other puzzle or brain teaser you'll find on an iPhone (or other smart phone), a PC or a console. Triazzle is the original triangular matching puzzle. The object is simple. Place all the puzzle pieces together so that all the pictures match. It may look easy, but its not.

As you match pieces correctly together the characters come to life! The more you solve, the more frogs are hopping, butterflies are flapping, turtles are poking their heads in and out, and fireflies are buzzing and glowing. The whole colorful puzzle comes alive!

Triazzle is very easy to learn and offers a wide range of challenges. There are easy, medium and difficult levels in both 9 and 16 piece puzzles. And Kid's games for players 5 and up.

The play is intuitive and uses the iPhone's touch screen. Just touch and drag pieces around the screen and into the puzzle. Tap a piece to rotate.

In-game menus and displays track and hilite your matches. If your stuck and need help you can get a hint. In hint mode just tap any spot in the puzzle and Triazzle will show you which piece belongs there.

If you are really stuck and you want to see the solution, give your iPhone or iPod a shake and watch as Triazzle solves itself.

Triazzle is not your average looking or sounding game. I've paid particular attention to making Triazzle a visual and auditory feast. There are dozens of beautiful graphical themes, playful animations, and nature sound effects. And Billy White Acre's bewitching music make playing Triazzle with headphones a must.

And don't stress because Triazzle has no clock and no score, so just kick back, relax and use your brain.

There are hundreds of cloned puzzle games out there but i think you'll agree that Triazzle is truly unique. Its the original triangular matching puzzle and now its better than ever!

You'll love Triazzle and you'll love the price. It will be sale priced at $2.99 through August 7th.

For more information and youtube videos visit triazzle.com.

Attached Files:

2. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Looks fun and very well polished.

3. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Big Albie loves it - look for upcoming review in TA!

4. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    definitely looks nice and challenging

5. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    #5 Big Albie, Jul 13, 2009
    Here's an old video that includes some history as well as an idea on gameplay.

Btw, the upcoming release is actually more polished and has more features than what is shown in this video.

6. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Brand new video coming this week - will post when ready!

7. Lukearcade22

Lukearcade22 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Student/Young Video Game Developer
    United Kingdom
    NO WAY!

I used to do these when I was younger, In fact i had some board versions and I used to spend hours on them, I loved them.

This game looks polished!

I hope you will think about adding updates!

I may buy this, but its a bit pricey at the moment (I'm focusing on 0.99 games)

I may buy it in the future, but i'm really excited about this game! :D

8. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    #8 Big Albie, Jul 13, 2009
    Believe me, Triazzle will be worth it. The music and the way the game plays out are done very smoothly.

9. Lukearcade22

Feb 8, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I will proabably buy it on the first day and write a review

I want this game to have a good reception in the itunes store

Its a shame that the animals that you match are only Turtles, Butterflies and Frogs; It would of been more fun if you added other themes and add in my favourite puzzle: The sun, moon and star Triazzle.

10. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Updates already in the works! The full version will get the Star Tiazzle (12-piece) format added as well as some new graphic, animation and hint features. We will also be releasing a free demo version in about a month! It will be level 1 only with limited sound track and graphics. Hey, for $2.99 you get the equivalent of about 500+ paper Triazzles that sold for $12 each!!

11. Lukearcade22

Feb 8, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Over 500+ Puzzles!!!!

I'm in!

I am definitely buying it on July 17th

The Star Triazzle, i used to spend hours on that one, I loved the little sun's and moon's.

The Ickyy Animal Triazzle, i remember that one really well...loved that one!

If you listen to people's suggestions, I think this app could reach the top 25

12. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    I do plan to add add'l characters and animations. Triazzle has been about 3,000+ hours of work - so the first thing is to see if it sells. If it is somewhat successful we will devote on-going time. We also have a follow up game being planned which is an arcade style version of Triazzle. Triazzle with some Tetris-style gameplay!

13. Lukearcade22

Feb 8, 2009
    United Kingdom
    awesome!

I do hope that Triazzle will get the popularity that I expect, it truly is a classic game at its best!

all i can say is thanks for taking the time to port the game onto iphone! :)

14. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Just to clarify, when I say 500+ games what I mean is that there are virtually unlimited puzzles that can be played in the 9 & 16 piece (for now) format. Thee are about 50 backgrounds, various tile colors and various combinations of frogs, turtles, butterflies and fireflies (my favorites). An update will add Star Triazzle, more backgrounds, more characters and more layouts (puzzle solutions). Also, if successful we will begin porting to Mac OS and Flash.

15. Lukearcade22

Feb 8, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I find that puzzle games need good artwork, relaxing music and good gameplay.

Triazzle has all of these elements so that makes this game unique and playable.

I will probably start off with the 16-piece straight away, but if I am in a rush, a 9-piece will do perfectly!

I would also like to correct you, its not the star Triazzle, its the Celestial Triazzle ;)

16. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Celestial was a "Master Triazzle" (24-piece) that we can't fit on the iphone screen just yet. "Star Triazzle" was a 12-piece format in the shape if a 6-pointed star that was originally done with themes including fireflies, penguins, ladybugs and some others. By the way the iPhone Triazzles have a broad range of difficulty - the L2 and L3 9-piece puzzles are quite challenging. But the HINT and SHAKE TO SOLVE features make doing any Level enjoyable!

17. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    There's also a neat Shake to Solve function if decide to give up on a puzzle. It's a creative way of doing it, but I'll leave that for later.

18. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
  19. Dan Gilbert

May 11, 2009
    California
    Hey Albie - in a first update we are adding to the Shake to Solve with a "Fix it" option. This will count as one of your Hints and will remove all misplaced pieces and rotate any mis-rotated pieces and then leave the rest for you to complete!

20. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    That would be a good update. In the current version, I like being able to watch all the pieces one-by-one rotate and move into the proper place. It's much better than if it just auto-populated the playing field.