iPad scrolling issue when typing long posts pin forums

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by willmeek, Apr 11, 2010.

1. willmeek

willmeek Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Hello all,

Is there a way to scroll up and down when typing a long post. It's only an issue if there's more text than will fit in the defaulted text window size. It's an issue in both portrait and landscape.

For example, I just wrote a developer a long post but wasn't able to proof it because I had no way to scroll up and down in the text window. I could only scroll the entire page up and down.

Is there a way to do this or any tips or workarounds?

Thank you very much and have a good weekend.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Is this an iPad problem or a TA page issue.

3. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    It's a general iphone os issue, faced into this issue too.

Solution: swipe inside the textfield with 2 fingers, but the textfield shouldn't have the focus!

4. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I dont have an iPad but based on my iPhone/iPod experience, there are a few things you can do. You can increase the size of your text input box by clicking on the increase size button on the top right of the quick reply option(see the screenshot below). The same button will increase the size of your text box in the advanced reply option too. That will help you see a lot more text that you would otherwise. Use it again if you still feel the text box is still smaller than what you'd like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or you can scroll up/down by touching inside the text box, hold it until you see the text zoom lens, and move your finger up/down so you reach the top/bottom of the text box. After that the text will start scrolling up/down too so you can go to the point where you want to edit.

Or if you just want to proof read your post, you can simply use the preview post option in the advanced option.

[​IMG]

5. willmeek

willmeek Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Thanks all.

I think it's an OS issue and Apple can solve it easily by adding arrow keys on the soft keyboard. Hopefully web forum providers will accommodate as well and should be able to very easily.

6. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    use two finger swipe to scroll these fields.

arn

7. rmorrison100

rmorrison100 New Member

#7 rmorrison100, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011