Flipside or Trism

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by pluto6, Oct 5, 2009.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #1 pluto6, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
    I don't care about multiplayer, I'll never use it. Just for fun of playing, which one of these is the one to get?

Please leave some reasons why, and if you actually own one or both of them? Thanks.

2. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  3. that1techguy

that1techguy Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Trisim
    for me

4. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Flipside. Trism's showing its age.

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I didnt try trism for all that long, but didnt really get the advanced concepts, strategy for big points. The game, in limited trial, was just kind of lost on me.

Flipside sounds conceptually simpler.

6. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
  7. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Trism was ok fun, but it didn't stay on my device for very long. If you're really into gaining points and strategizing for those points over and over again, then sure, pick it up. But I don't see myself playing it again in the near future.

I don't know much about Flipside, so sorry about not chiming in about that. I do like the developer and have enjoyed all three of their other games, so I see myself picking this up shortly. I'll be able to leave my opinions at a later date.

8. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Flipside is pretty fun, and I would recommend it over trism, but maybe it's because I haven't played trism for a long time, and am bored with it.

9. epedemix

epedemix Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Buy them both, and play them whenever the mood comes for each individual game.

But if i was you, i might check out the game charmed or alchemize too.

10. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I tried the lite version of Trism a while back and wasn't too excited by it; the matching mechanism didn't gel with my mind and I missed things a lot. I bought Flipside right off the bat because of my experience with the developer's previous games.

I had figured its gameplay out from the initial trailer, and found it much more approachable. The downside is the absence of highscores, so each game is pretty much independent and there is perhaps less motivation to keep playing after unlocking the content.

11. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Trism. Period. Another Period. :p

12. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I haven't bought either of them yet, but I'll get Trism at some point cuz I thought the demo was more fun.

That, and Demi helped out with the Mother 3 Fan Translation Project which was amazing, and I'll buy his game simply for that reason.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Seems pretty split. I have Alchemize and Charmed. I may get both, and have tried Trism lite and like it medium, but I think one is held back due to limitations of the lite. Dev support is always very important to me and so flipside having other very good apps is important. Guess I will continue to ponder, unless I just get them both, but I have about 15 things on my wish list, not including upcoming games.

14. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    flipside. just a more intelligent game. and even multiplayer against ai is fun. way more mind bending than trism.