iPhone MUKS, a old school cave-shooter (split-screen multiplayer)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by drfroz, Feb 13, 2013.

1. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    #1 drfroz, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
    Hi,

I'm currently finishing a old-school "cave-shooter" inspired game called MUKS. These so called cave-shooters were quite a big thing in the 90's at least in Finland. People may recall classics like TurboRaketti, AUTS, KOPS or Wings etc. there were tons of those back in the day.

What made those games so fun and playable, in my opinion, were the ability to play them on the same keyboard. I'm having a similiar approach here with a single iPad with split-screen and on-screen touch controls.

Game features initially:
    -Single player training & split-screen two-player skirmish game mode
    -Around 6 hand-crafted levels with varying graphics theme and gameplay changing theme (in space, or on planet surface)
    -14 deadly weapons and gadgets (including, but not limited to, classics like morning star, mines, bombs, rail gun, machine gun, missiles etc.)
    -Play as the pilot of your ship (When on low health, there is a possibility to eject out and continue playing with your jetpack and peagun)
    -Destructible terrain (blow it away with exploding weapons)
    -Ability to tailor each match to players' needs, enabling and disabling features, adding handicaps, tweaking gravity etc.
    -Option to configure controls for both right and left-handed players
    -Soundtrack featuring some kickass space-shootin' tracks
    -Everyplay service to record and share your replays

More to come later on, like a single-player only missions campaign that I didn't have time to complete for the initial release.

The game will be FREE fully, no ads or free-to-play stuff and it will be out in the near future, I'm looking at the end of this month possibly.

I am working on a release trailer and gameplay trailers to get a better picture on the game

EDIT:

GAME IS OUT NOW, release thread here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=184503

Attached Files:

2. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    More screenshots:

Attached Files:

3. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Looks awesome! : ) Will it support iCloud syncing for those of us playing across multiple devices?

4. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Thanks :) I'll look into it, the game doesn't support it for now. Perhaps in the release, perhaps later on.

5. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    I have posted some new screenshots on the game's facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/MuksGame

Like it to follow all the latest news :) I have added an actual campaign mode to the game, that has around 15 unique missions on launch, that can be played both single player and co-op with friend!

I'm working really hard to get the game finished now, so not so much additional time to post gameplay videos, but perhaps a couple short ones soon. A proper trailer is in the works when the game is done and submitted to App Store in 1-2 weeks of time.

6. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    #6 drfroz, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    Near final screenshots, enjoy. Campaign became a lot bigger than I anticipated first. I needed to code a lot of new stuff for it that will also enchance the overall experience of the whole game :)

Game will be released when it's approved for AppStore by Apple (sometime next week). Gameplay videos and trailer will follow later before the release.

PRICE IS $0

Attached Files:

7. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
  8. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    #8 one.sixty.four, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    i can't wait! is it really free? will it work on iPad 1?

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Very nice looking game, I'm sad to see that it isn't getting much hype around here :mad:

10. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Yes it's totally free, no hidden costs or anything. It's a free-time hobby project :)

The recommended minimum is iPad2/iPad Mini and unfortunately I didn't have an iPad1 to test it out, so I'm really interested to hear if it works well on that one.

11. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    ok, i'll tell you how it works on my iPad 1 when the game comes out.

12. drfroz

drfroz Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013