Universal Raging Justice - an arcade beat-em-up; coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by makin, Feb 20, 2014.

1. makin

makin Member

Oct 19, 2012
    UK
    I'm Nic Makin and I'd like to announce my soon to be complete game for iOS

Raging Justice, an arcade styled Beat 'Em Up inspired by the hits of the 16-bit era, from Final Fight to Vigilante and Streets of Rage.

I've been developing this on-and-off for a few years, and it's my first indie release and I'm pretty excited to be approaching the finishing line with the development.

If you've any feedback based on the images/video please let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Raging Justice will be a universal app and currently runs on all iOS devices, supports iCade and iCade 8-bitty, will be adding iOS7 controller support and GameCenter soon too.

There isn't a definite release date yet, it'll be done when it's done.

2. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    looks good man, i dig the screenshots

3. makin

makin Member

Oct 19, 2012
    UK
    Cheers, I know there's not much of a description up there yet, hoping to add a proper trailer soon and some more details...

4. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Looks awesome from the screenshots.

5. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    looks very promising!! i'm in!!

6. Joey_Shaw

Joey_Shaw New Member

Aug 26, 2010
    This looks amazing! Been looking for a decent beat 'em up on iphone for ages, definitely one to watch...

7. makin

makin Member

Oct 19, 2012
    UK
    Thanks for the kind words :) I'm hoping to get the game to a point soon where I'd love to have a few people beta-testing it to give me feedback on where I could improve things, stay tuned for more info soon!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just come back from a games show in England. They had a couple of iOS developers there and I had a go of this game.

It's great! It's like an up to date streets of rage/double dragon. The graphics are great. The controls work well. The dev said it's coming out next year. Saw it on an icade and also an iPhone 4. I was suprised how well it ran on it

Can't wait for this one

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's some good news psj!

10. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Definitely looks slick. Side scrolling beat em ups don't seem to get as much love as they should but I still really enjoy them. Can't wait to give this one a try!

11. makin

makin Member

Oct 19, 2012
    UK
    Thanks for the mention psj! And glad you enjoyed what you saw.

I know I've been a bit quiet on here for a few months, (was it really February when I last posted !!!) I've been hard at work getting the more and more of Raging Justice finished and am now on the final stages of development. It's been a long time in development, and I'm planning on having as polished a game as I can make when we release early next year.

On a technical note, we've not decided on which iOS devices/OS we'll be supporting at launch, my intention is to support as many as possible (at the least, it'll be iPhone 4).

We've recently added MFi Controller support in addition to iCade support (including co-op multiplayer, though currently limited to a single-device - wifi multiplayer is on the agenda).

Hope to post some more screenshots and video soon.

12. makin

makin Member

Oct 19, 2012
    UK
    Here's our first trailer for Raging Justice.

All gameplay was recorded from the iOS version of the game (either on an iPad Air or iPod Touch 5th Gen).

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I used to love Final Fight and this looks very similar. I'll pick this up for sure :)

14. Jordan001

Jordan001 New Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Trailer is looks good. Artwork is very interesting. I hope you will upgrade soon..

15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
  16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Cool looks very target renegade :)

17. praneethdamian

Mar 31, 2012
    Hello Nic, This game looks so good! I hope you can add an option for an alternative control method where you move the character with a floating invisible analog stick. To punch, kick, pick up items etc. you tap, swipe up, swipe right, swipe down... on the right side of the screen. Similar to Marvel's Contest of champions. No on-screen buttons will be needed.

18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would prefer an option. I'm the reverse, prefer on screen buttons. Works fine for Double Dragon/Streets of Rage etc, not a fan of swiping

Roll on March when its released

19. praneethdamian

Mar 31, 2012
    I too hated the infinite blade clones.. But Marvel's Contest of champions has a excellent control scheme imo..

20. makin

makin Member

Oct 19, 2012
    UK
    Control wise, there are currently the two distinct touch-screen controls...

The default option is 'not' to have on-screen buttons/joystick, sounds just like you, praneethdamian, want; left side is movement (hidden 'joypad' centres where you first touch, plus some extra code to keep it in a nice position), right-side is action - tap and/or swipe depending on the action you intend to perform. I'll give Marvel a go and see how it feels, our controls are inspired by that of Fist Of Awesome, though we've a few moves for the player to do. Those that have played Raging Justice have warmed to the controls rather quickly.

psj3809 - We started with the on-screen virtual joystick and buttons, so that'll be an option for you if that's a preference, not the default (since many struggled with it, I quite liked it, myself, but then I'd spent quite a while playing that way).

We're working hard to get Raging Justice finished as soon as we can, I hope to update this thread a bit more when I've more to say - I know I'm not the most talkative when it comes to updates, tend to stay in my little bubble coding/designing Raging Justice, ignoring the fact that If I don't talk then no one knows what's going on :-S oh, the longtime indie-dev problem :)