Ideas on marketing/improving this game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by jychong, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jychong

jychong Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Hi devs,
    my new game Math Guardians came out about a week ago.

iPad trailer:

I am wondering if I could get some feedback on what I can do to market it/increase its appeal more effectively from the developers here in the forum.

I basically tried to combine the gameplay mechanics of an arcade fighter with math training in an attempt to make a math game action packed and more interesting.
    What do you guys think of this idea?

Thanks,
    Jiayi

2. AppVersal

AppVersal Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Graphics looks decent. Have you done a press release? Getting your App reviewed by App review sites will surely help you get the desired coverage.

You can also use social media effectively and communicate with like-minded developers and users alike to sell more copies of your App.

Looking at just the video, your App needs some improvement in terms of gameplay otherwise it will just turn boring.

3. Rhodesware

Rhodesware Member

Jan 19, 2012
    It's clever, I like the idea.

If you have a budget, I would recommend trying to use Facebook ads to target parents with iOS devices. If you have a fan page about the game, you can get visitors cheaply by getting them to "like" the page, then directing them to the app.

I hope that helps.

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Companies like General Motors and many, many more are dropping the Facebook Ads Program because it doesn`t work and you recommend it?

Instead of wasting your Time and your hard earned Money use it for something else then wasting it with something that isn`t working.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I've actually heard of Facebook marketing working pretty well in a more targeted campaign.

6. Mobula

Mobula Member

Jun 13, 2012
    You can set your Facebook Ads campaign to only pay per click (CPC) so it's actually not that bad at all, but on mobile if you're planning on buying ads, i'd recommend buying ads that appear to people that're on their phones, not those that're on a computer and will be taken to an iTunes link they can't Install with a single click after clicking your ad.

Not sure if you can only target iPhone & iPad users with Facebook Ads though.

7. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    You can definitely select people who have an INTEREST in iPhone or iPad, but I've not seen an option to select people who USE an iPhone or iPad.

I don't know how Facebook determines if they have an interest, but I'd assume users are automatically added to that list.

8. Beginning iOS Dev

Beginning iOS Dev Active Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I think even with targeted campaigns, Facebook marketing's pretty difficult to break even with unless maybe you've got a game that's got iap as well.

I'm not saying it's not possible but it seems unlikely.

It's pretty much the same with most online advertising. Most apps are just so cheap that it's difficult for this to make sense