This forum on iOS/Android

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by DistantJ, Jan 31, 2012.

1. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Can I make a request?

This forum is a little difficult to browse on iPad, and obviously even more difficult on iPhones and other smart phones, and I think it'd be a pretty obvious statement to say that a lot of people on here are using such devices.

There's an app, Tapatalk, which allows users to browse any forum which has been rigged to support it with fantastic simplicity, particularly the HD version for iPad. I always set the forums I used to own up to work with Tapatalk and it paid off, Tapatalk HD on iPad is actually quicker and easier to browse than the actual forum websites, and the mobile version is brilliantly convenient too.

Info on Tapatalk and how to install it into a forum: http://www.tapatalk.com/

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The upcoming TouchArcade app will have full forum integration. We won't be installing Tapatalk.

3. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    Sounds good.

4. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Just out of curiosity, whats wrong with ta on the ipad? I never had any problems ?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Me neither.

6. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm not entirely sure about the iPad, but try using the search function on the iPhone. It is, quite frankly, unusable.

7. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    Oh it's fine on the iPad, just Tapatalk is better for touch navigation of forums ;)

8. jonathanbloom

jonathanbloom New Member

Jul 3, 2012
    I'd like to put my vote in for Tapatalk. I like having all of my forums under one app.